Questions for Americans - Answer Sincerly

failures art

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 12:13 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Simple question: Who is the USA?

The USA is the country that has illegally invaded numerous countries for over a century. The USA is the country that is directly responsible for the deaths of millions of innocents, people who died simply to advance US economic interests.

That's the answer to the question: What is the USA. It is not the answer to who the USA is.

You're still pointing into the nebula.
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Is the school teacher in Cedar Rapids part of the USA? I bet she thinks she is. How does she prevent American war criminals/mass murderers from being held accountable?

By not speaking out, by remaining willfully ignorant of those very war crimes, by continuing the propaganda actively and passively, ... .

Are you the arbiter of who is and isn't speaking out, ignorant of war crimes, and continuing propaganda?

JTT wrote:

Quote:
It seems however that you've focused so deeply on this kind of action that you've forgotten that their are other ways to destroy lives and effect the world.

Do you teach in Cedar Rapids?

No.

JTT wrote:

Quote:
The US does NOT stand up against greedy Saudis, and guess who benefits from our middle east invasions the most?

Good of you to admit to these ME invasions.

But let me get this straight. You're trying to shift things away from US war crimes by suggesting that the Saudis are doing something bad by getting market value for their oil. This is another bit of long running US propaganda, blame ME suppliers of oil for making profits that the marketplace allows.

I'm not going to give a pardon to the US for it's role in the mass death of so many people, but you'd better get wise to the fact that these conflicts are a part of things much larger than simply greedy Americans.

It sure would be nice if this reduced so neatly, but it doesn't. Get wise to that.

JTT wrote:

Quote:
Look who benefits the most.

Convoluting the topic with Vietnam and Cambodia not relevant to discussion JTT, and you know it.

You're awfully flippant about millions of dead.

Vietnam and Cambodia are the topic, they are excellent examples of US war crimes, they are perfect examples of the propensity of the USA to invade and cause no end of death and suffering to innocents the world over.

The topic is NOT US war crimes JTT. You're here, which means that every thread is a thread about the US war crimes. This thread is about hatred and culture. It's simple. Stop hijacking.

You're arguments lack any real focus. You can't just blame "the USA" and then feel smug. It's never been the US, but certainly some Americans. You want to assign blame so badly, then do it right. Name names, don't point at the map.

A
R
That is flippant.
JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 12:46 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
That's the answer to the question: What is the USA. It is not the answer to who the USA is.

You're dropping red herrings into the pond. The USA is the group of people who engaged in illegal invasions, who caused the deaths of millions of innocents. These people are legion, some easily identifiable, others not so much.

Quote:
Are you the arbiter of who is and isn't speaking out, ignorant of war crimes, and continuing propaganda?

I'm one of a number of people who point out that reality. You seem to be yet another apologist.

Quote:
I'm not going to give a pardon to the US for it's role in the mass death of so many people, but you'd better get wise to the fact that these conflicts are a part of things much larger than simply greedy Americans.

It sure would be nice if this reduced so neatly, but it doesn't. Get wise to that.

It's quite apparent just from a few postings that you simply want to forget all the war crimes/the mass murders. You can't sweep away criminality by pointing to a measure of good.

Quote:
The topic is NOT US war crimes JTT. You're here, which means that every thread is a thread about the US war crimes. This thread is about hatred and culture. It's simple. Stop hijacking.

Silly argument. When you start to realize you've nowhere to go, out comes the troll/off topic bullshit.

US war crimes is a central issue in this event because US war crimes, US illegal invasions have caused these events to come to the fore.

Quote:
You're arguments lack any real focus. You can't just blame "the USA" and then feel smug. It's never been the US, but certainly some Americans. You want to assign blame so badly, then do it right. Name names, don't point at the map.

I've explained, so why do you continue with this red herring. It is the USA because the government of the day speaks for the USA and it is those governments, supported by the citizenry, either actively or passively, that has caused all this death and suffering.

You don't seem to have a problem identifying "the Saudis" as some great evil.

0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 01:02 pm
Your nebulous "the USA" is the red herring here JTT. I'm no apologist, but I'm not about to go the simpleton route and reduce this into something easy. I've pointed to no measure of good. I don't care to either. I'd like nothing more than to have those willing to do evil things punished in public and their names shamed.

You're too zealous. You've lost the forest for the trees, and yes, you are trolling this thread. You're off topic, and if you hear that frequently enough to get defensive about it, perhaps you should search for a common denominator: You.

You've made it ultra clear JTT. In every thread you make it damn clear. You're outraged, and anyone who doesn't match you at your level of outrage doesn't ******* get it. Congrats!

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 01:19 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
I'd like nothing more than to have those willing to do evil things punished in public and their names shamed.

And are you actually doing something to ensure this happens?

Quote:
You're too zealous.

I don't think that one can be too zealous when it comes to having mass murderers, war criminals brought to justice.

"You'd like nothing more than to have those willing to do evil things punished in public and their names shamed" but you don't like people to be too zealous about it.
failures art

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 01:31 pm
@JTT,
Ensure?

What the **** does that mean? Nothing ever ensures that these people pay shy of personally taking a gun a doing the job myself. I won't take it to that level. I do write letters to my elected officials. I speak up. I share with people around me.

The bastards may get off scott-free. If that happens (the likely reality), I'll have to accept that. So will you, through your frothing.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 01:47 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
Ensure?

What the **** does that mean? Nothing ever ensures that these people pay shy of personally taking a gun a doing the job myself. I won't take it to that level. I do write letters to my elected officials. I speak up. I share with people around me.

The bastards may get off scott-free. If that happens (the likely reality), I'll have to accept that. So will you, through your frothing.

No comments from you on the "frothing" over all the blabber about protecting freedom of speech. But it's "frothing" to express concern that war criminals/mass murderers walk freely on the streets of America everyday.

I've missed the speaking up part, the sharing with people around you. So far, all I've seen is diversion and apologies even when the issue has been raised. Of course, that's not to say that you don't do these things you suggest you do.

But my point was not you personally. The point is that the vast majority of Americans do nothing. They are decidedly much worse than Germans who didn't speak out, the Germans would have been killed had they spoken out. Americans have freedom of expression and still there's virtually nothing.
failures art

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 01:48 pm
@JTT,
You see what I post on a forum. That is all you see of me.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 02:02 pm
@failures art,
Don't react so personally. Do you not agree that there is virtually nothing from most Americans even though there are war criminals/terrorists/mass murderers walking free all over the USA?

0 Replies