Questions for Americans - Answer Sincerly

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:23 pm
Who do you hate?
Who should be bombed?
What is your message for the Middle East People?
What is your message for Muslims?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,501 • Replies: 27
No top replies

mm25075

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:30 pm
@findingsolutions,
Who do you hate? No one.
Who should be bombed? No one.
What is your message for the Middle East People? Peace.
What is your message for Muslims? Peace.
chai2

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:32 pm
@mm25075,
mm25075 wrote:

Who do you hate? No one.
Who should be bombed? No one.
What is your message for the Middle East People? Peace.
What is your message for Muslims? Peace.

ditto
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:38 pm
@findingsolutions,
Quote:
Who do you hate?
Who should be bombed?

You (for asking such a retarded question)
You (ditto)
I like your rice
I like your rugs
chai2

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:48 pm
@Linkat,
Wait, can I change the last 2 parts of my answer to linkats?

except I'd like to tell Middle East people I like their tabouleh.
chai2

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:49 pm
@chai2,
Oh, and believe me, this is very sincere for me.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:54 pm
@Linkat,
And I mean "bombed" drinking-wise.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 03:09 pm
@findingsolutions,
Who do you hate? Right wing conservatives and fundamentalist Christians and militant fanatical Muslims;
Who should be bombed? Right wing conservatives and fundamentalist Christians and militant fanatical Muslims;

What is your message for the Middle East People? Thanks for baklava and hummus, two of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind;

1. Openly condemn violence against women;
2. A sense of humor (which includes self-deprecatory and sharp social satire) is an essential aspect of becoming a better human;
3. You are not God's chosen ones. The members of a2k are the only ones allowed onto the Elysian Fields in the afterlife;
4. Secular education of ones women and children is the best way out of poverty;
5. Etc....
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 10:01 pm
@findingsolutions,
hi, you get to meet a lot of good people in a lifetime

i like meeting
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:06 pm
@findingsolutions,
findingsolutions wrote:

Who do you hate?
Who should be bombed?

This is pretty funny and irresistable:

I hate violent Islamists

I think Islamists who engage in violent acts of terrorism should be bombed (or simply shot).

My message for the Middle East People:

Stop blaming external forces for your troubles. Focus your zeal, your energy and your anger on either reforming or overthrowing the true source of you woes --- you own governments.

My message for Muslims:

Try as you might, you will be hard pressed to find any evidence that Westerners (and Americans in particular) hate Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists, or Taoists. If you can find evidence that they hate Muslims you should ask yourself why this might be. What are Muslims doing that Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Taoists are not?

There is, of course, only a small minority of you who are doing these things, but they are doing them in the name of your religion. I don't expect you to actually stop them, and I don't insist that you denounce them (although that would be nice), but if you don't want me to hate you, don't support them.

If you do support them, even if it is only in your thoughts, don't be hypocritical and criticize me for my hatred of you.

JTT

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 11:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Try as you might, you will be hard pressed to find any evidence that Westerners (and Americans in particular) hate Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists, or Taoists. If you can find evidence that they hate Muslims you should ask yourself why this might be. What are Muslims doing that Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Taoists are not?

Many Americans hate Muslims because Muslims have been turned into the latest boogeyman. Why? Because Muslims are standing up to the rapacious, greedy Americans.

Americans, again many Americans, not all, are good at pretending to like you as long as you accept that they are your masters, that your resources are theirs for the taking, that you exist to provide them with a cheap source of labor to create products for them at a price that ensures that their lives improve but yours goes on in desperation and poverty.
JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 12:01 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
This is pretty funny and irresistable:

I hate violent Islamists

I think Islamists who engage in violent acts of terrorism should be bombed (or simply shot).

Do you hate violent Americans, Finn? Do you think that American terrorists should be bombed or simply shot, Finn?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 08:14 am
I thought about this overnight.

Who do I hate? While I actually do not hate the American right wing, I deplore it and I fear their ignorance and their growing influence and their boundless hatred. However, I do hate American parents who are raising their children to be ignorant and non-productive members of society.

Who do I think should be bombed? No one. The US committed acts of aggression against Iraq and other nations and it got us nowhere. Now, the destruction of the Buddhas of Bamyan was a crime against humanity but I do not think it was the role of the US to punish either the nation of Afghanistan or the Taliban for that crime.

What is my message to the people of the Middle East? To value the heritage that they bequeathed to the world. To reduce their reproduction: they need to adopt the draconian family rules the Chinese adopted years ago and to stand by them. The real problems in the Middle East are human population and water.

The last question dealt with Muslims . . . certainly . . . the Muslims who destroyed the above mentioned Buddhist monuments had no right to commit that act. Radical Muslims like Radical American Christians need to learn their limits. Just as Radical American Fundamentalist Christians can not and should impose their will on the US and the World, so too Radical Fundamentalist Muslims can not impose their will on the World.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 08:40 am
@findingsolutions,
findingsolutions wrote:
Who do you hate?

I don't even like the word hate. I don't like saying it, and I try to practice not doing it.

findingsolutions wrote:
Who should be bombed?

I simply do not understand the question.

findingsolutions wrote:

I don't need to convince you that war will not solve your problems.

findingsolutions wrote:

Wanna play soccer?

A
R
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 08:47 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Many Americans hate Muslims because Muslims have been turned into the latest boogeyman. Why? Because Muslims are standing up to the rapacious, greedy Americans.

Kind of a insulated answer JTT. I'm surprised. Normally, you have a a good sense of international context. Muslims are not standing up to "greedy Americans." If anything, the Muslims that are lashing out, are typically only effecting their own circumstances locally. It's easy to focus your hatred on American's when they occupy your land, it's harder when they are gone. No matter the terrible things that our nation does (with good intentions or otherwise), in the end people have to move on.

Do Muslims stand up to greedy Saudis, or just greedy Americans JTT? Ask yourself, which group actually has a greater impact on their lives. Being that you've almost no kind words for the USA, I think I know your answer.

A
R
T
Setanta

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 08:52 am
@findingsolutions,
No one.

No one should be bombed, unless and until they can be positively identified as attacking the nation which subsequently bombs them. There's a pathetic irony in this question considering the frequency of bombings, including suicide bombings, including suicide bombings by deluded women, which are routinely carried out by Muslims.

The people of the Middle East need to stop whining, solve their own problems, and bury their stupid and unfounded hatreds which have created these problems. That goes for the Jews, too.

Muslims need to learn tolerance. After that, they might shoot for culturally entering the 19th century, at least.
JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
No one should be bombed, unless and until they can be positively identified as attacking the nation which subsequently bombs them.

Just consider the number of nations that the USA has attacked; Cuba, Nicaragua, Iraq, Afghanistan, the Philippines, Panama, Grenada, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador, Argentina, Hawaii, Haiti, Guam, China, Honduras, Guatemala, ... .

Following your line of reasoning, Setanta, the US is due, justifiably so, for a great deal of bombing. As the California professor said right after 9-11, paraphrased, it could be any considerable number of countries.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:19 am
@failures art,
Quote:
No matter the terrible things that our nation does (with good intentions or otherwise), in the end people have to move on.

That isn't the way things work in the real world. The USA hypocritically holds war criminals accountable, all the while preventing US war criminals/mass murderers from being brought to justice.

Quote:
Do Muslims stand up to greedy Saudis, or just greedy Americans JTT? Ask yourself, which group actually has a greater impact on their lives. Being that you've almost no kind words for the USA, I think I know your answer.

What does that even mean? Does the USA stand up to "greedy" Saudis. The Saudis don't invade countries, murder innocent civilians, destroy people's lives. What are you talking about?

Ask yourself, who has had a greater effect on the 100,000 dead Iraqis, the half a million dead Iraqi children, the how many dead Afghans, the millions of Vietnamese, the millions of Cambodians, ... , the Saudis or the USA?

failures art

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:39 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
No matter the terrible things that our nation does (with good intentions or otherwise), in the end people have to move on.

That isn't the way things work in the real world. The USA hypocritically holds war criminals accountable, all the while preventing US war criminals/mass murderers from being brought to justice.

Simple question: Who is the USA?

Blaming some nebulous and faceless body is blatantly ignorant. Is the school teacher in Cedar Rapids part of the USA? I bet she thinks she is. How does she prevent American war criminals/mass murderers from being held accountable?

JTT wrote:

Quote:

What does that even mean? Does the USA stand up to "greedy" Saudis. The Saudis don't invade countries, murder innocent civilians, destroy people's lives. What are you talking about?

We can both understand how an invasion destory lives and effects the world. It seems however that you've focused so deeply on this kind of action that you've forgotten that their are other ways to destroy lives and effect the world.

The US does NOT stand up against greedy Saudis, and guess who benefits from our middle east invasions the most?

JTT wrote:

Ask yourself, who has had a greater effect on the 100,000 dead Iraqis, the half a million dead Iraqi children, the how many dead Afghans, the millions of Vietnamese, the millions of Cambodians, ... , the Saudis or the USA?

Look who benefits the most.

Convoluting the topic with Vietnam and Cambodia not relevant to discussion JTT, and you know it.

A
R
T
JTT

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 11:58 am
@failures art,
Quote:
Simple question: Who is the USA?

The USA is the country that has illegally invaded numerous countries for over a century. The USA is the country that is directly responsible for the deaths of millions of innocents, people who died simply to advance US economic interests.

Quote:
Is the school teacher in Cedar Rapids part of the USA? I bet she thinks she is. How does she prevent American war criminals/mass murderers from being held accountable?

By not speaking out, by remaining willfully ignorant of those very war crimes, by continuing the propaganda actively and passively, ... .

Quote:
It seems however that you've focused so deeply on this kind of action that you've forgotten that their are other ways to destroy lives and effect the world.

Do you teach in Cedar Rapids?

Quote:
The US does NOT stand up against greedy Saudis, and guess who benefits from our middle east invasions the most?

Good of you to admit to these ME invasions.

But let me get this straight. You're trying to shift things away from US war crimes by suggesting that the Saudis are doing something bad by getting market value for their oil. This is another bit of long running US propaganda, blame ME suppliers of oil for making profits that the marketplace allows.

Quote:
Look who benefits the most.

Convoluting the topic with Vietnam and Cambodia not relevant to discussion JTT, and you know it.

You're awfully flippant about millions of dead.

Vietnam and Cambodia are the topic, they are excellent examples of US war crimes, they are perfect examples of the propensity of the USA to invade and cause no end of death and suffering to innocents the world over.