perfect for entertaining

Mame

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:33 pm
@roger,
What I saw was a skeletal thing. 'Course, I coulda been confusing that with Dys.
roger

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:36 pm
@Mame,
Did it move and wear a hat?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 08:41 pm
@Eva,
Well, hey, the kitchen is the heart in many places, and well it should be. My kitchens have always been small, or tiny eenie weenie. But sometimes there is some damned philosophical discussion being belted out in the living room. The kitchen can be a respite.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:13 pm
@roger,
ha ha ha ha
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 09:46 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

so I'm watching this program on the telly, it's a "reality" program about this couple looking for their first house. They are touring houses for sale and that's basically the entire program. as they tour each house the lady says "this is perfect for entertaining" or "this isn't really a good floor-plan for entertaining." I'm thinking "good for entertaining" is probably the lowest criteria I would have for buying a house.

I have seen these shows, dys. Always mystified at the entertaining part. What's the matter with these people. They never turn on the faucet to check the water pressure or see if the water is hot.

What's with the open floorplan business. A kitchen should be a kitchen with walls--but not good for entertaining.

What's with the ******* granite countertops? Who cares?

I could go one, but I'll spare you all.

I like a house that smells of cat pee. I like a house that has a lunatic dog at the front door and a boid crying maniacally "Hi Fred."

What I don't like is a house that is in such a high altitude that you can't breathe. Maybe that's why you're all nuts. No oxygen is getting to your brains.
roger

Reply Wed 12 May, 2010 10:07 pm
@Roberta,
Yeah. I feel right at home with a little whiff of cat pee.

Put that in your new sig line, peoples.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 05:42 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Panz, I figure Dys insulting Tsar is a warm welcome. Of course I could be wrong.

Of course it is. And my insulting Dys is akin to ruffling up the little hair he has left on his head.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 13 May, 2010 06:27 am
I don't know why Eva didn't mention this.

All kitchens in Oklahoma are referred to by their butt size. At a minimum a house should have a two-butt kitchen meaning that two butts can be in the space -cooking-chopping-fricasseeing-whatever- without interfering with the actions of the other, plenty of room to turn around with bumping cheeks or whatever. A three-butt kitchen allows for the additional of another butt with the same free range of motion as the other two, but care needs to be taken if any of the three exceeds the measurement known on the farm as 'wider than an ax-handle'.

I should note here that there is the two and half-butt kitchen which allows two people to cook but the third only to stand around or sit on one of the two barstools by the passing counter sipping their beer and mentioning that 'something seems to be burning' until he is thrown out bodily.

The most dangerous thing to have is a four-butt kitchen, also known as spacious. Having this much space dedicated to a kitchen is not only a complete waste of possible rec room area, but every fricking time you invite a dozen people over for Margaritas and Chimichangas, all twelve of those butts try to stand in that four-butt kitchen. Think of what it's like in a crowded elevator in the wintertime and then add in what would happen if the elevator operator was trying to run three blenders full of booze. Yes. Both the elevator operator and the blenders are full of booze AND, because three of the butts have decided to 'crisp up the tortillas' in a stainless steel sauté pan, something really is burning. Perfect for entertaining.

It's why people are happier in New York. We have a one butt kitchen.

Joe(You can turn around in it, but only in a clockwise direction)Nation
0 Replies