House Fans

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 01:47 pm
I've just finished the first season, and I absolutely love House. It's not as addictive as Heroes for me, but I look forward to watching it every night after a hard day's work.

It's obviously very informative, not to mention a little abrasive on my hypochondria, and what keeps me hooked to it is the development of relationships within House's team. (Well, how else could you run a medical drama, really?)

I love House's character. Of course, they've created a typical misanthrope out of him - but yet he's so lovable. So sexy! And Hugh Laurie plays him so effortlessly.

I'm going to begin watching the second season in some time. The show, however, is in its sixth season on Fox. One of my college juniors told me today that the show gets really better in the second season. Wow - can't wait to get the DVD's!

Are there any House fans out there? Got something to talk? Love or hate?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,896 • Replies: 30
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 02:10 pm
@spidergal,
Lovable misanthropes are hard to beat, all right.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 02:11 pm
@spidergal,
Despite its relatively formulaic always solved at the end storytelling, I love the chemistry between the entire cast.

I am a die hard fan of the show and the latest season is by far the best.

I love the ambivalent best friendship between Gregory House and Wilson.

Heroes has kept the same level acting and storytelling though I enjoy the serialization of the season long stories.
plainoldme

Reply Sun 2 May, 2010 05:14 pm
I have always been in love with the very hot Hugh Laurie. My son told me that someone he knows had no idea Laurie is English. My son told his acquaintance, "How could you have never heard of him before House? And Hugh Laurie is not exactly an American sounding name."
spidergal

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:23 am
@roger,
:Laughing:

Yea, girls like bad boys all the time. I wonder if I would find House equally sexy if he were kind and polite.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:25 am
@tsarstepan,
I heard the ratings have gone down this season.

Oh yeah, I love the House-Wilson equation as well. How understanding and accommodating of House's drawbacks Wilson is!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 07:26 am
@plainoldme,
Just like Hugh Grant is not. Smile
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 01:11 pm
@spidergal,
My brother told me about the show and now I am addicted. The chemistry of the cast is what makes it so good. House, Wilson and Cuddy just crack me up.

Geez I went to Maui on a vacation and there was an all day House marathon on tv. Needless to say I stayed in the room the entire day watching the episodes. Actually I stayed in bed and watched it Very Happy

Then when I had an appointment with my pulmonary doctor I asked him if his team (there are something like 14 doctors) had a doctor like House. He laughed and said that is his kids favorite show.
spidergal

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:30 am
@TTH,
Hmm, interesting to know that even kids enjoy it. I wouldn't have enjoyed it a younger age, perhaps. It's a complicated show, you know.
TTH

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:44 am
@spidergal,
You aren't thinking I am a kid are you?

Edit: Sorry you are referring to my post that my doctor's kids like it?
plainoldme

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:48 am
Spidergal, I have to tell you that when I first saw this thread's headlines, I thought the reference was to electric fans, as in whole house fans that people install in attics.
TTH

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 09:53 am
@plainoldme,
That was funny Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 10:25 am
love Laurie in Blackadder & Jeeves & Wooster (both series also star the incomparable Stephen Fry)
however
i can't separate Hugh Laurie from Bertie Wooster (usually i can separate an actor for his role, but not in this case), so House doesn't work for me, i see him as Bertie or his equally bumbling roles in Blackadder
TTH

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 11:50 am
@djjd62,
I still think the cast is hilarious Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 11:55 am
I had never seen or even heard of "House" until Ms Letty of Wa2k said that I reminded her of the House character.
TTH

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 12:08 pm
@dyslexia,
Do you think you are like him? I find his antics funny Laughing
dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 12:38 pm
@TTH,
TTH wrote:

Do you think you are like him? I find his antics funny Laughing
funny? no
cranky? yes
grumpy? yes
gimpy? yes.
TTH

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 12:41 pm
@dyslexia,
I have read some of your posts and I think they are funny. You seem to have a good sense of humor Smile
dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 12:42 pm
@TTH,
you are easily fooled.
TTH

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 12:46 pm
0 Replies