I am feeling overwhelmed!

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:54 am
Have just too much to do and too many things that I need. Aaaaarrrrgghhh!

Finishing an enormous writing project that seems endless . . . wanted it done Wednesday. Deadline looms on Sunday. Need to weed. Need to clear yard of sticks and mow lawn. Need a haircut. Have to pay taxes. Want to do something fun.

Are you facing what seems an overwhelming list of demands today?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,425 • Replies: 13
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 09:30 am
@plainoldme,
I really need a pedicure and to get my tomatoes planted, possibly I can talk Lady Diane into doing both. Oh, and yeah I need some new underwear.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 09:34 am
@dyslexia,
Good luck, but then it will be Diane who is overwhelmed. Smile
dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 09:46 am
@wandeljw,
well yeah, but she is a woman and doesn't cook, I certainly don't want her to feel underwhelmed as she would just go shopping.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:58 am
@dyslexia,
She just doesn't want to be tied to the kitchen. Good for her! She is a woman of the new millenium.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 12:46 pm
@wandeljw,
She certainly will be! I can hear her sweating across the miles.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:21 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
Have just too much to do and too many things that I need. Aaaaarrrrgghhh!

Finishing an enormous writing project that seems endless . . . wanted it done Wednesday. Deadline looms on Sunday. Need to weed. Need to clear yard of sticks and mow lawn. Need a haircut. Have to pay taxes. Want to do something fun.

Are you facing what seems an overwhelming list of demands today?

No, not today POM. Which is good! Very Happy

When do you think this writing project might be finished? Things will improve after that, I hope!

You didn't mention food/body fuel. Are you eating properly as you juggle with all these demands?
plainoldme

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 08:22 pm
@msolga,
Actually, I managed to finish the project today and emailed it away! YEah!

Then, I realized the town offices are closed on Friday as a budget cutting measure, so I could put off paying taxes.

Ah, food. Last fall and winter,working seven days a week with a 70 mile commute to one of my jobs, eating on anything approaching a normal schedule was impossible. Fortunately, I found a source for very good, reasonably priced beef and made lots of stews. It's really nice to have a pot of stew or chicken soup and perhaps a pie in the frig.

Because I finished the writing, I rewarded myself with a trip to Boston to go to a pottery sale. Very nice. There was good food at the reception. Yum!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:32 pm
Got some of my too muches (it should be "es" and not just "s," right?) done and then lost my wallet yesterday . . . or had it stolen.

To complicate matters, I can't find my cell phone. Will concentrate on an upcoming over night to the Cape. I really need the ocean.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:38 pm
I can relate. I just moved back to Edmonton, the renters left my house like a pig sty - day 3 and I'm still cleaning. The movers show up tomorrow and I still haven't organized where I'm putting all the excess furniture et al. It's snowing!!! more like a spring blizzard. I just shoveled the sidewalks, piled high with 4 inches already and it's HEAVY. I'm trying to find a job. The list is endless and it aint' over yet. sigh..
plainoldme

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:45 pm
@Ceili,
Snow! That is a complication you just don't need! When I moved, the movers had to place the furniture without my supervision and they did a better job than I could have done. Take heart! They will help!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:35 pm
You’re feeling overwhelmed? I’m busier then a cat covering up ****, as my southern friend Tanya would say.

With planning on another long distance move to CA I’m overwhelmed with things to do. Going to take a break from the Internet for a few months.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 07:49 pm
@jcboy,
Understand - we'll miss you, c'mon back when you can. (Showing up for a few minutes is ok!)
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2014 11:53 pm
An update:

I have two new jobs. Quit the other two. I only commute 200 miles each week, or five just about 40 mile round trips, rather than the 350 I had been commuting. I have two new grandchildren. I have pretty much given up creative writing.
0 Replies