Diarrhea Maine Coon Kitten

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:37 pm
4 months ago my wife bought me a orange Maine Coon kitten for my birthday. When we brought him home his stomach was a little bloated. I took him to our vet and he had worms which we got rid of. From day 1, he has had diarrhea. He has never had a solid poo. We have had him in the vet 4 times and now $1500 later, he has not gotten better. He is very active and eats and drinks a lot. Recently, his poo has firmed a bit, but now it just leaks out and he doesnt know it. We cannot afford to take him back to the vet. He is the neatest most friendiest cat I have ever seen. Any sugestions? I have 1 week to get him better or I have to give him back to the breeder. He has ruined our new house and its too much of a liability to have feces around my daughter. Please help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,881 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Cheeto123

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:39 pm
@Cheeto123,
We have also tried every diet (bland) you can get.
Arella Mae

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 06:13 pm
@Cheeto123,
I used to run a cat shelter so I can definitely sympathize with your problem. The vet has no idea what it might be? Cats can have diarrahea from stress. But, from what you said he doesn't sound very stressed. How old is the kitten? You got it from a reputable breeder?

Here is someone asking a vet about persistent diarrahea in their cat but I would imagine it could also apply to kittens.

http://www.vetinfo.com/cdiarrhea.html

One thing I know is if a vet can't find an organic cause for the problem it is one of a few things. The cat is stressed. The cat has allergies or it is sometimes just a matter of changing food and even changing litters. s crazy as it sounds, sometimes the cheaper dry catfood is better on some cats. I had one cat that if I fed it anything but Special Kitty it would have diarrahea.

I wish I could be of more help. I hope you can solve the problem. I know how attached one can get to a cat. You might want to check out the cat room. There are lots of knowledgeable cat owners in there. They might be able to help.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:56 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella,
How is JJ ?

Is JJ getting along with his friends n relatives ?

David
0 Replies