Rest in peace, Dede Allen

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:40 pm
Now there was a good editor..

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-dede-allen18-2010apr18,0,1409759,full.story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 963 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 07:18 pm
@ossobuco,
She was brilliant. It's unfortunate that editors don't get the recognition they deserve.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2010 07:31 pm
@NickFun,
I've read about her for years..

My dad was an early cutter, later known as film editor. I considered going there, but didn't. I say, I didn't being a girl - which was true, but there were some women film editors even in the time I was thinking about it.

It's sad to me. I just looked up the Twelve O'Clock High movie, credits said on the site to be confirmed. All skippy re my father. My dad did the cuts for the real film shoots, indeed he got them for the movie in the first place. Who do they think did that? He was a USAAF colonel. He didn't cut the whole movie, just the film he obtained and edited. Last I saw, his name was in the credits of the film.
It's very annoying to see his name missing.

But never mind. Dede Allen, rest in peace.
NickFun

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2010 11:00 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, I have seen editors take seemingly worthless footage and make masterpieces. She was one of those.
0 Replies