Which wood laminate flooring?

glitterbag

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 01:15 pm
One word of caution, a flooring company installed Pergo in the laundry room and kitchen. You cannot operate a washing machine on a floating floor, the washer thrashed around the floor with wild abandon. I had a portion torn up and replaced with ceramic. However I also had to replace the washer because it had shaken itself to death. Simply unrepairable.
My old friend Helen had it installed in her house and loved it. But my floor gets direct sunlight during the day and despite being a fairly light floor, it shows dog prints, foot prints and has warped a bit where the youngest dog liked to play splash the water out of the bowl before mom hears me. I plan to remove it and will likely go for hardwood like the floors in the dining & living room.

In the right room it's probably great......but I don't like the spongy squeaky feel/sound either.
0 Replies

Aiden Brown

Fri 17 May, 2013 03:49 am
Lamination using wood is the way to give a completely different look to the house. I have visited various hotels and clubs where the floor has been designed very beautifully with wood work in it. The example of wood work done here is nice and only requires a few things for better sustainability.
0 Replies

Angelahynes

Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:32 am
@Buffalo,
Laminate flooring offers great looks at affordable prices. It’s also durable.
farmerman

Mon 26 Aug, 2013 05:51 am
@Angelahynes,
unless it gets wet in some kind of catastrophic leak. It delaminates like OSB very quickly.
0 Replies

EllaV

Fri 8 Nov, 2013 06:51 am
@Buffalo,
I recently installed laminate in three rooms because of its features that they are easy to install, affordable, easy to maintain than hardwood . .But I came across some of its drawbacks that afraid me .I would like to share some with you : Loud, somewhat cold, can get expensive , can warp with water damage, can look fake .They are not recommended for locations where water can easily come in contact with it as it will eventually seep through the seems and ruin it from underneath.
0 Replies

Angelahynes

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 04:53 am
@Buffalo,
Yes, I have already installed hardwood flooring in my whole house and my office and it looks really stunning. So if you are going to renovate your home you can use hardwood flooring.
0 Replies