school bullies

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 08:58 am
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Student Matthew Prieto admitted he was talking with a friend when he should have been sitting at his desk. He said his teacher asked him to sit down numerous times, then lost control.

The 9-year-old student said he was picked up, thrown and kicked by his third grade teacher last Wednesday at the Edward Gonzales Elementary school.

"He picked me up by my arms, he took me and threw me under his desk, then he pushed me with his feet and kicked me," said the third-grader.

A report made by the school stated that the student had a bump on the head.

"I was kind of dizzy because my head kind of hurt," said Prieto.

The child's father is considering hiring a lawyer.

"He's 9 years old. This is a grown man that I'm entrusting with my kids, and I'm leaving them with him for a good part of the day. He betrayed that trust," said Pete Prieto, the boy's father.

APS confirmed that teacher Dale Faith is on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation.

Prieto said his son liked his teacher and often came home talking about how much fun he had at school.

APS could not go into detail about the alleged attack and could not say how long the investigation would take.

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:11 am
@dyslexia,
Dang!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:14 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
The child's father is considering hiring a lawyer.

I hope he does! These type of teachers should never be allowed to teach again.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:15 am
@dyslexia,
At least there should be a classroom of witnesses - so this teacher can't say the kid lied.
farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:31 am
@Linkat,
Hmm , you spend all the time and money to become a teacher and then, you beat the bloody snot out of one little kid and they make a big deal out of it.

I see a great future for this teacher as an On-Line instructor.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:42 am
@dyslexia,
This never would have happened if the kid had a handgun.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:46 am
@joefromchicago,
keeping in mind he is an 8 yr old and being specific would you recommend a 357 revolver?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:40 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
keeping in mind he is an 8 yr old and being specific would you recommend a 357 revolver?
Rather forget the magnum, and go with a .44 special;
but u need to work out with it, to get used to the recoil.

Maybe he can take gunnery practice in P.E.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:42 pm

He has a beautiful cause of action for assault n battery.
He shud also complain to the police.

David
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:35 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I wouldn't recommend a revolver for an eight-year old. As we know from their admirable work record in the cotton mills and coal mines, their nimble little fingers are adept at manipulating small things, so loading the weapon wouldn't pose too much of a problem, but those darn kids are always losing things, and it would be just like them to scatter their bullets around like so many loose Crayolas. No, I think it would have to be a clip-loaded side arm.

Another consideration is size: experience tells us that a child of that age can't get a good grip on many adult-sized firearms. You don't want to have your child draw a bead on a classmate or teacher and then be unable to pull the trigger because the grip is too big for his little hand. Also, it should be lightweight, so that Junior won't have any problems carrying it back and forth to school in his lunch bag or backpack. On the other hand, it should be rugged -- you know how rough kids that age can be on their toys.

I suggest the Colt Pony.

http://www.gundirectory.com/guns/20858-1.jpg

A bit heavier than other subcompacts, it compensates by firing a .380 round instead of many of its competitors' .22, which, let's face it, doesn't pack the kind of stopping power that you need for today's super-bullies. It looks good when it's fired sideways -- all the kids are doing that these days, emulating their heroes from the MTV. It's also American-made, which will score points with the kids at show-and-tell.

Lots of punch in a small package, just what your child needs to feel confident throughout the school day. I'm sure you can get good bargains on this handgun at your local pawn shop, flea market, or playground. And let's face it: what kid doesn't want a pony?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:42 pm
@joefromchicago,
Sling shot..
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:09 pm
@joefromchicago,
excellent choice for an 8 yr old. they can easily pass it on to grandma as they mature into larger fire-power.
0 Replies