Barrier Reef oil spill April 4, 2010

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 03:57 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
He may not make you angry, or anything else, but it is clear that he wearies and distresses others.

Here we go. Debate ends right here. All they need do is declare themselves distressed and act distressed, and they are experts at both having seen actresses demonstrate how to do it in years and years of PC soaps, and we know they are pretending, and we are all supposed to lie down and let their last word stand unchallenged like a whipped spaniel. With the uxorious males saying "yes my love, my little poppet, that's right love. there there". It's one way of getting them to put out I suppose when you have nothing else going for you.

Anybody would think it's a compliment to handle the buggers with such easy to do word confections. It's actually profoundly insulting. It's as if they are turtle doves cooing on a branch being fed parched peas.

I treat them as equals, when I pluck up the courage for such a ridiculous idea, and if they get in an argument with me I don't expect them to start simpering and hiding behind their faked fragility. They actually hold all the aces and it's only the uxorians who are conning them to believe otherwise because that represents their only chance.

As Mailer once said--if somebody is greasing you up--run.

The revolution is right there. No wonder the cops take no notice of most of them when they turn up at the front desk crying real tears.

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 07:45 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
I think they're the same person. They're so...er...dank.

Keep it up dwollie and your fingers crossed that I don't retaliate in kind. Any idiot can make stuff like that up and I'm not an idiot. You're taking unfair advantage of your being a lady which ill becomes a feminist.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 09:07 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Here we go. Debate ends right here. All they need do is declare themselves distressed and act distressed, and they are experts at both having seen actresses demonstrate how to do it in years and years of PC soaps, and we know they are pretending, and we are all supposed to lie down and let their last word stand unchallenged like a whipped spaniel. With the uxorious males saying "yes my love, my little poppet, that's right love. there there". It's one way of getting them to put out I suppose when you have nothing else going for you.
Absolutely right on the button here, and if this does not work crying is the next power play on the dock, every time.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 09:14 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Whether we respond or not, dp, it distorts a discussion.

Just put the bonehead on ignore, and it doesn't distort the discussion at all. I never even see Spendius' drunken ramblings.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 10:28 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Any idiot can make stuff like that up and I'm not an idiot.

spendius wrote:

spendius wrote:

spendius wrote:

spendius wrote:

spendius wrote:

spendius wrote:

spendius wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

spendius wrote:
You're taking unfair advantage of your being a lady which ill becomes a feminist.

Spendi, are you an only child?

T
K
Laughing
spendius

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:20 am
@Diest TKO,
Quote:
Spendi, are you an only child?

I'm the eldest of four.

Are you a miscegnated, spavined greaseball, sweaty fatso who was dressed in girl's clothes until you started school and a bit musical?

Gee!! This is easy. I'll make a bigger effort next time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:34 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
It doesn't make any difference what was hit Beth.

why did you keep asking about it? You were carrying on as if people weren't aware that a reef isn't a giant necklace.

The Great Barrier Reef is a marvellous system which includes living organisms. A portion of it has been damaged and there are efforts to prevent further damage from the most recent incidents. There are separate efforts to attempt to prevent further accidents. Any of those three bits are interesting enough (IMNSHO) without added posting dramedy.

~~~

Quote:
I have been dealing with the hysteria
oh my. Aren't you an important fellow. I hope governments have you on call.

~~~

Quote:
the supposed damage to the 1,600 km long precious reef
your own source of the sandbank bit talks about the damage. You don't get the sandbank bit without the damage bit.

georgeob1

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:43 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

Quote:
None of us have met, and none of us is able to seriously help or injure the other. Why should anything said here make any of us angry?

Well, I do recall, a few pages back, you telling another poster here to "piss off!" in no uncertain terms, George! Plus a bit more in a later post! Wink
Do you think your more tolerant attitude toward Spendius (compared to the other poster) might have something to do with both of you holding similar conservative political views?

We don't agree that much and he (Spendius) faults me frequently for my "errors". However, it's probably true that I am more tolerant of Spendius.

The other poster to whom you referred, was one I had in mind when I confessed to occasional irritability with anonymous bullies who overreach their real ability and stature. Even there I wasn't angry, just smacking him down, as he deserved. I find it remarkable that you appear to willingly accept the support of such pipsqueak claques.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:54 am
@georgeob1,
I may be cranky but I'm no pipsqueak.
spendius

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:56 am
@ehBeth,
I'm not interested what it hit Beth. You are not interested what it hit. Nobody is interested what it hit. And no wonder. It's not interesting. A pile of polyps about 0.001% of the reef's structure getting flattened and so little oil spilled that the crews had to get out there fast to deal with it before it disappeared and dispersed and was absorbed by the ocean like the millions of tons of the stuff the ocean has absorbed before.

The real subject is what Media and the various bureaucracies associated with the docks, harbours, coasts, radars, poisonous run offs off the land where cheap food is grown, helicopter firms, fact-finding missions, monitoring services, PR companies etc etc (there will be more), can make of it and how they go about maximising whatever it is they can make of it. That is interesting and relevant to our daily lives. If you don't like to think about that then the ship is okay to think about instead as it's much simpler and you won't be risking being unpopular. And you sure won't be bringing anything to the table that hasn't been thouroughly gone over in detail by experts thousands of times before.

The ocean absorbed 2 world wars without it even blinking.

The ship is the ball in a football match.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 12:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
. Aren't you an important fellow. I hope governments have you on call.

Is there something wrong with being an important fellow Beth? The government has us all on call.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 12:06 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
your own source of the sandbank bit talks about the damage. You don't get the sandbank bit without the damage bit.

Bloomberg is probably trying to make amends for the bloomer after receiving a large number of irate phone calls and texts from the agencies I mentioned just above. The moving finger writes.....blah blah.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 01:01 pm
@dyslexia,
Dys,

You are an engaging, amiable guy armed with intelligence and a strong sense of irony, ..... and very cranky, A unique combination. There ain't many like Dys out there !
spendius

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:40 pm
@georgeob1,
For which we all ought to go down on our knees and thank the Lord.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:55 pm
@spendius,
I've pretty much been neutral with your palavering and incoate verbiage however, at this point I am left with; bugger off to your sottery, enjoy your two litres wearing the bib your nice cousin knitted to keep your collar dry. Your tune has grown old and bitter.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 09:02 am
@spendius,
It is a very simple and straightforward scientific fact dys that there are not many like you out here and that we should be very grateful for it. There are not many like me either. Or anybody else. The alternative is unthinkable.

There are not only not many--there are none. We are each unique. George said nothing of interest and I merely expressed my approval that we are all unique.

It is a great pity that your sensitivity has reached a point where it has overpowered your ability to comprehend elementary English and I defy you to find anyone in this world, which some people say is round, who is in favour of anyone being like you or me or anyone who exists or ever did exist. Even the ants are each unique.

I have no intention of buggering off on the strength of your assertions and I might suggest that you try thinking before you start spouting what is, in fact, utter nonsense based on a mis-reading, a short fuse and a self-evident need to look for insults when none were intended.

Ionus

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 09:26 am
@spendius,
Quote:
It is a very simple and straightforward scientific fact dys that there are not many like you out here and that we should be very grateful for it.
Yeah I too got the impression sylexadic was taking it the wrong way. I saw what you said as confirming the importance of individualism..a sort of backhanded anti-cloning statement. Like in :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hRZDFhn0XA&feature=related
dyslexia

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 09:32 am
@Ionus,
Well Ionus, I suppose one "impression" is as good as another.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 05:36 pm

Enjoy some Monty Python. LOL

T
K
O
Ionus

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 09:58 pm
@Diest TKO,
Yeah, those guys are a regular feature on ABC TV here...they should be recognised as world authorities on politics. They also did a whole series on the Oz Olympics....real stitch in the side quality material.

Nice post DTKO.
0 Replies