4
   

Are they all so pathetic?

 
 
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 07:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Timothy McVeigh
The Weather Underground
Animal Liberation Front
Army of God
Black Liberation Army (nee Black Panther Party)
Symbionese Liberation Army


It is funny how similar the rhetoric of the wacko extremist left of the 1960s (that is the Weathermen and the Black Panther party) is to rhetoric you are now hearing from the modern day conservative movement.



msolga
 
  1  
Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 11:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
For the last few decades or so American anti-government rhetoric that centers on violence has been, fundamentally, "silly," but unfortunately some of the silly asses who spewed it were deadly serious ...


... & some of those spewing the anti-government rhetoric appear to be as dumb as they come.
Very scary stuff.:

Quote:
For Hutaree, Web rumor stoked anger at Obama
By Niraj Warikoo
Free Press Staff Writer

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20100331&Category=NEWS06&ArtNo=100331050&Ref=AR&Profile=1322&MaxW=320&MaxH=300&Q=100&mime=jpeg
Tina Stone (U.S. Marshals Service)

A member of the Hutaree militia charged with federal crimes was upset because she thought that President Barack Obama had signed into law this month a bill that would spend $20 billion to help the terrorist group Hamas settle in the U.S.

There was never any such legislation, but Tina Stone believed it was the truth, according to her Facebook account.

"H.B. 1388 Passed.... It's bad news for us all," Tina Kelley, her maiden name, said on her Facebook page on March 19.

She then said in an update:

"I'm peeved,,, when people in this country is getting kicked out of there homes everyday and our government passes a bill to spend more then 20 billion dollars to bring Hamas here and supplies them with food and homes that just wrong."

On March 26, the day before the federal raid of Hutaree, she wrote at 12:21 p.m., “I'm so stressed I could KILL someone!!!!!!!”
.... <cont>


http://www.freep.com/article/20100331/NEWS06/100331050/1322/For-Hutaree-Web-rumor-stoked-anger-at-Obama
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 04:58 pm
@ebrown p,
You just can't overcome your hysteria can you ebrown?

You are equating the rhetoric of the "modern conservative movement" with that of the "wacko extremist left of the 60's"?

I'd like to think that you are simply playing the role of an ideological drone here on A2K, but you won't let me.
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 05:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hysteria? These people don't really worry me (much). In fact I find them amusing. That is why I used the word "pathetic" rather then something like "scary".

My point is that during the 1960s much of the political left was overrun by nutcases-- and that anti-government violent rhetoric didn't do much for mainstream liberal causes. In fact the craziness of the left led to pretty solid political success for the other side.

You do agree with my assessment, don't you?
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 05:39 pm
@ebrown p,
Much of the violence that discredited the antiwar leftists was fomented by Nixon. Nixon sent people into the protests to foment violence.
Merry Andrew
 
  2  
Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 05:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I've said something similar on another thread, but, in light of your persistent and ignorant posturing in re: the neoconservative movement, Finn, allow me to repeat it here.

There is absolutely no qualitative difference between the extreme fringes of the political spectrum. What used to be the bailiwick of the extreme left -- i.e. the Weathermen, the Black Panthers, the SLA etc. -- has been adopted wholesale by the new extreme right. When the government was largely in the hands of conservatives (I'm talking about the Nixon era et seq.) it was the left that threw the bombs and wanted to blow things up. Now that Obama's in the White House and Pelosi has a strong grip on the reins of the legislature, it's the extreme right-wing nuts that are planning to assasinate policemen and machine-gun the cortege. No difference at all.

ebrown p is absolutely right on this one.

djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 05:47 pm
@Merry Andrew,
as the song says

clowns to the left of me
jokers to the right
here i am
stuck in the middle with you
0 Replies
 
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 06:24 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:

ebrown p is absolutely right on this one.


What the heck do you mean by "on this one"?
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:21 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Hysteria? These people don't really worry me (much). In fact I find them amusing. That is why I used the word "pathetic" rather then something like "scary".

My point is that during the 1960s much of the political left was overrun by nutcases-- and that anti-government violent rhetoric didn't do much for mainstream liberal causes. In fact the craziness of the left led to pretty solid political success for the other side.

You do agree with my assessment, don't you?



I guess we disagree on what your point was.

I do agree with your assessment about the radical left of the 60's, but I do not agree that that the rhetoric of the radical leftwing kooks of the 60's is in any way equivalent to the rhetoric of the "modern conservative movement."

Now if you are willing to admit that you misspoke, we're good, but if you persist on asserting that mainstream American conservatisim in 2010 is on par with radical 60 lefties, we're going to rumble.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Much of the violence that discredited the antiwar leftists was fomented by Nixon. Nixon sent people into the protests to foment violence.


OMG
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Much of the violence that discredited the antiwar leftists was fomented by Nixon. Nixon sent people into the protests to foment violence.


OMG

It was in his plan to discredit the anti war movement.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:50 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

I've said something similar on another thread, but, in light of your persistent and ignorant posturing in re: the neoconservative movement, Finn, allow me to repeat it here.

There is absolutely no qualitative difference between the extreme fringes of the political spectrum. What used to be the bailiwick of the extreme left -- i.e. the Weathermen, the Black Panthers, the SLA etc. -- has been adopted wholesale by the new extreme right. When the government was largely in the hands of conservatives (I'm talking about the Nixon era et seq.) it was the left that threw the bombs and wanted to blow things up. Now that Obama's in the White House and Pelosi has a strong grip on the reins of the legislature, it's the extreme right-wing nuts that are planning to assasinate policemen and machine-gun the cortege. No difference at all.

ebrown p is absolutely right on this one.




Oh is he?

What is he right about?

That the rhetoric of the modern conservative movement is equivalent to that of the SDS, Weathermen, and Black Panthers.

No one , not least of all me, has argued that there is a qualitative difference between violent left-wing nuts and violent right-wing nuts.

However, by your own description, when there was a right-winger (Nixon) in the White House it was the" left that threw the bombs and wanted to blow things up," and there is actual evidence to support this.

And yet now that there is a left-winger (Obama) in the White House there is hardly the same reaction from the Right-wing nuts. No one has blown up anyone and threatening letters to 50 governors is hardly the equivalent action.

Once again --- Amidst all this hoopla, who has been actually charged with political violence? The person who assaulted Eric Kantnor.

This is not a debate on whether Right-Wing nuts are less dangerous than Left-Wing nuts. They are equally dangerous.

The simple fact of the matter is that the current threat of Right-Wing nuts has been exaggerated by persons who, like ebrown and you, wish to associate that threat with the rhetoric and actions of mainstream conservatives.

This is worse than ignorance (which you possess in abundance) Andrews , it is deliberate manipulation of the truth to fan the fires of partisan emotion.

I doubt you rise to the level of a co-conspirator and so, by default, must simply be a tool.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Much of the violence that discredited the antiwar leftists was fomented by Nixon. Nixon sent people into the protests to foment violence.


OMG

It was in his plan to discredit the anti war movement.


And this could not possibly be the same strategy of a left-wing administration?
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have no knowledge of this being done elsewhere, so cannot comment.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 08:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I have no knowledge of this being done elsewhere, so cannot comment.


But you have "knowledge" that it was Nixon who was behind the so-called left-wing violence in the early 70's.
plainoldme
 
  2  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There was a piece in the Huffington Post suggesting that Obama is what used to be called a moderate Republican.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I have no knowledge of this being done elsewhere, so cannot comment.


But you have "knowledge" that it was Nixon who was behind the so-called left-wing violence in the early 70's.

Because I was an anti war protestor. Naturally I would be interested.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2010 01:37 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:
I have no knowledge of this being done elsewhere, so cannot comment.


But you have "knowledge" that it was Nixon who was behind the so-called left-wing violence in the early 70's.

Because I was an anti war protestor. Naturally I would be interested.
What is the SOURCE of your alleged information, Ed ?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Drumsticks - Discussion by H2O MAN
nobody respects an oath breaker - Discussion by gungasnake
Marksmanship - Discussion by H2O MAN
Kids and Guns by the Numbers - Discussion by jcboy
CO gun-grabbers go down in flames in recall - Discussion by gungasnake
Personal Defense Weapons (PDW) - Discussion by H2O MAN
Self defense with a gun - Discussion by H2O MAN
It's a sellers market - Discussion by H2O MAN
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/07/2021 at 10:05:27