• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,222 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:09 pm
@Amigo,
Sometimes, but I usually prefer the mix on Alternative Radio. Goodman sometimes gets too much into the conspiracy theory zone of politics.
Amigo

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:15 pm
@Green Witch,
In my opinion I've never heard any conspiracy theory stuff on her show. I think it gets a little heavy to hear a whole show. But ok
Green Witch

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 09:42 pm
@Amigo,
Yes, heavy is a good way to put it. I often turned it off during the Bush reign because I would come away more depressed than inspired.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 01:06 pm
@Amigo,
If you can make it to Boston April 2 you can attend an event moderated by Amy Goodman:
Quote:
Democracy's Endgame?

A Conversation with Arundhati Roy
and Noam Chomsky
Moderator: Amy Goodman

Friday, April 2
3:30pm-5:00pm
MIT 26-100 " click here for map

Professor Chomsky is the world's greatest living AI (artificial intelligence) expert, though he quite properly never mentions politics in class. Web2 btw has amply proved his theories on the semantic capabilities of computers v. humans. You have to get tickets from the MIT website - they're free.

0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 01:48 pm
@Amigo,
i do.
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 03:05 pm
@Amigo,
I never ever listen to any talk shows whatsoever. No exceptions. I listen to news and music, almost exclusively on NPR non-commercial FM radio.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 05:01 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Democracy Now is on NPR, at least in my area. You might like it, Merry. I do prefer Alternative Radio, but there is some overlap. Don't confuse these shows with people like Rush or Glenn. DN & AR have a variety of speakers on world issues, some I agree with, some I don't, but all tend to be interesting and insightful. As Amigo pointed out, some of the topics can get heavy, even frustrating to listen to in today's world, but always thought provoking.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 08:17 pm
@kuvasz,
kuvasz wrote:

i do.
I'm listening to it right now. This has got to be one of the craziest shows ever. The way she talks is like shes going to run out of time at any minute and just goes question to question.
0 Replies