Illinois State Police - What to do if attacked by a rapist....really.

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:57 pm
The recommend you vomit on the rapist.

No joke.
http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/saconfronted.cfm

I really hope we get concealed carry here soon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,331 • Replies: 14
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 10:09 pm

I think shooting him in the lower intestine
woud slow him down, ideally with a hollowpointed round for optimal energy dump.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 10:17 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
The recommend you vomit on the rapist.

No joke

it might work.....on the other hand

Quote:
Emetophilia is a paraphilia in which an individual is aroused by vomiting or observing others vomit. When emetophiles put emetophilia into practice by actually vomiting, especially on a partner, it is called a Roman shower, after the commonly-supposed (but mistaken) belief in the frequent induction of vomiting at Roman feasts.

Some emetophiles find the act of vomiting arousing; for them, the sequence of "spasm, ejaculation, relief" in vomiting is erotically charged. Other emetophiles are aroused by seeing and/or hearing others vomit. Some desire a partner who will vomit on them, while others wish to induce vomiting in a partner, or even force them to vomit. (Wanting to be vomited on may be related to a desire to be dominated, while wanting to make someone else vomit may stem from a desire to dominate the partner - see erotic humiliation.) Of course, most emetophiles have more than one of these desires, in various combinations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emetophilia
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 11:28 pm
@maporsche,
I read a newspaper story yesterday about a man who terrorized a store by weilding a butcher knife and threatening those in his way. He then ran into the parking lot and attacked a man in a car (who had his two small children in the backseat). The owner of the car got his gun from the glove compartment and shot the guy with the knife.

No charges were filed because the gun owner had a permit.
roger

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 12:14 am
@maporsche,
Not too cool, but you might try some of those methods on the Illinois State Police if they attempt to write you a traffic ticket.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 02:44 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
I read a newspaper story yesterday about a man who terrorized a store by weilding a butcher knife and threatening those in his way. He then ran into the parking lot and attacked a man in a car (who had his two small children in the backseat). The owner of the car got his gun from the glove compartment and shot the guy with the knife.

No charges were filed because the gun owner had a permit.
The gunner did everyone a big favor.
He deserves a tax credit.

David
aidan

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 03:09 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
The gunner did everyone a big favor. He deserves a tax credit.

Laughing Laughing that was funny David.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 05:32 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Quote:
The gunner did everyone a big favor. He deserves a tax credit.

Laughing Laughing that was funny David.
IRS shoud put that on the 1040 form
aidan

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 05:41 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yeah - something like- 'Have you or any of your dependents dispensed with a criminal during the fiscal year ending ____. If so, you are entitled to a deduction on line 47.

Laughing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 05:48 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Yeah - something like- 'Have you or any of your dependents dispensed with a criminal during the fiscal year ending ____. If so, you are entitled to a deduction on line 47.

Laughing
More concisely:
"Number of violent criminals dispatched during the fiscal year ending ____.
Multiply by $500.00 ____."
Irishk

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 09:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Witnesses heard six shots, so it isn't clear if he could be charged with something like using 'excessive force' to stop his assailant. The attacker managed to stab him, so it's conceivable (probable) that he was terrified for his kids and just kept shooting until his attacker stopped moving. All of the witnesses (including a man who watched the entire scene with his 3 year old grandchild) said he did the right thing. I don't think he had any other choice, under the circumstances.
roger

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 02:16 pm
@Irishk,
Maybe he had no other choice because he was out of bullets? Anyway, so long as the guy had the knife in his hand, it couldn't be excessive force.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 02:42 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Witnesses heard six shots, so it isn't clear if he could be charged with something like using 'excessive force' to stop his assailant. The attacker managed to stab him, so it's conceivable (probable) that he was terrified for his kids and just kept shooting until his attacker stopped moving. All of the witnesses (including a man who watched the entire scene with his 3 year old grandchild) said he did the right thing. I don't think he had any other choice, under the circumstances.
SO STIPULATED!
David
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 03:59 pm
@roger,
The police didn't say how many times the attacker had been shot, only that he was dead (still holding the knife). The victim appears to have fired until empty and I'm guessing stress could have something to do with that (he was being assaulted with a large knife/fear for his children). I don't know all the gun laws in all states, so you might be right on the 'excessive force' issue.

Anyhoo...the attacker seems to have picked the wrong guy to mess with.
roger

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 04:18 pm
@Irishk,
I think the usual theory is that you are not trying to kill or injure anyone. You are trying to stop the attack. If he drops the knife and attempts to leave the scene, that is a good time to stop shooting.
0 Replies