0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 07:54 pm
@realjohnboy,
NO!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 08:58 pm
I don't have real television: no cable, no outdoor antennae, no conversion box. I get CBS which means I can watch Letterman and Ferguson.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
don't do the tv thing, rjb.

your title prompted me to drop in and share a lightbulb moment.

now plastic sofa cushions at a senior like yourself's place make so much more sense to me...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Yall watching?

I watched bits of it which channel surfing. One thing I noticed on a large HDTV screen is that many of the women are wearing WAY too much makeup which makes them look plastic. The HDTV clarity is not very complimentary to some of these people.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:16 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm saving myself for tomorrow when I will watch the fashion bullies' round-up.
dadpad

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:26 pm
i am as unexcited as it is possible to imagine anyone being.

What is this thread about? The Logies?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:26 pm
@ehBeth,
Actually, you can see red carpet pics on yahoo. Most of the dresses seem to be made up of swirls and ruffles.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 09:31 pm
@plainoldme,
I know I'm being awful. I don't care about the dresses. I just want to hear Joan Rivers' catty comments Embarrassed
Letty

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 05:56 am
@realjohnboy,
Wow! I didn't know that you owned a TV set. Glad you're back with us in the modern world.

Nope, Don't watch the Oscars any longer, but Barry the Brit discussed Jeff Bridges The Weary Kind.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 09:59 am
@ehBeth,
My daughter and I email some of those best and worst choices in clothes back and forth to each other. We often wonder what is so bad about the worst and what is so good about the best. Why is something that is ugly considered fresh?

What amazes me is how there seems to be a theme (for want of a better word) every year. This year, it is swirls and ruffles. A few years ago, all of the dresses were one shoulder affairs while the year Julia Roberts won best actress, the dresses were simple and stately.

Is there only one designer who produces all of those clothes under different names or do the designers get together to decide what element each dress should have so that the dresses look alike?

Don't blush over enjoying catty comments either. It is vicarious fun.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 12:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Thought it was a great good show, defintiely pleased with Martin and Baldwin, they dropped a few zingers in there on some of the other presenters. They're both pretty likable guys and that definitely came through.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 08:09 pm
I never saw any thing of the two hosts . . . but my fav Oscar host of all time is Whoopee.

RJB . . . how many Attends did you go through during the telecast?
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 08:27 pm
@plainoldme,
I am surprised any of yall took me seriously. I don't have a tv and the last movie I saw was "The Sound Of Music." Perhaps that is why I haven't seen one since.
I have nothing against the art of movie making and, truth be known, from the age of 13 (Gilbert & Sullivan) through about 30 I was an "actor" in local theater.
I hear interviews with some very thoughtful people in that industry, but then I hear snippets from the Oscars where there are folks who come across as totally self-absorbed air-heads.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:13 pm
@realjohnboy,
I didn't take you seriously, which is why I asked how many Attends you used. I was just continuing your 'joshing!'
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:13 pm
The Oscars. That was recently. Right?
plainoldme

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
So, Edgar, what drew you to this thread? The word Oscars or John's excitement?
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:42 pm
@plainoldme,
Edgar follows me everywhere.
When I was into acting there were only a couple of groups doing it. Now, in my town, there are a dozen or more. I still get a call now and again from a director looking for an old, skinny guy with wild gray hair. Problem is, my bedtime is right about now on a good night. An hour or so ago on a bad night.
I think Dyslexia and I could do an awesome play together.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:50 pm
I looked in to see what rjb had to say, not because I care anything about the Oscars.
0 Replies