Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 03:41 am
Hey people. I need the none clergy version of the excorcism. It's for one of my stories. I kinda have this story about demons and angels that i need it for. I would be seriously greatful if some one could find it for me. I've looked every where.

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 10:20 am
@rubybloodstone,
The "none clergy version of the excorcism?" Do you mean "the non-clergy version of exorcism?" Presumably, that would be the type of exorcism that is not authorized by the Catholic church (I don't know of any other religion that endorses exorcism as a rite, but there are some freelance evangelical Protestant exorcizers out there). If that's what you're looking for, then I don't think there is -- or could be -- any sort of consensus out there for unauthorized exorcisms. I imagine it would probably resemble, in some respects, the Catholic ceremony.

If you want further information on do-it-yourself exorcisms, please consult your local Louisiana governor.
rubybloodstone

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 02:51 am
@joefromchicago,
Well what i meant was. Many of the exorcisms are said to only work for priests. I need one that works for every one. For my character isn't a priest. She is in fact and phoenix angel. Half phoenix demon (made up by me) and half angel. I was just wondering if there is a way for ordinary people to perform this rite.
roger

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 03:02 am
@rubybloodstone,
At least one of the Navajo healing ceremonials does this, though I forget which one. Might be the Prostution Way, but again, I'm not sure. It would involve chants, corn pollen (usually), and one or more sand paintings. Would also involve a fairly stiff fee to the singer, and lots of gifts for everyone attending. These things can last for a week or more.

This is not faith based. The singer gets the chant right and performs the sand paintings without flaw, and you're done. You don't have to believe anything, and the medicine man doesn't blame you for lack of faith if there is a problem. I have always found this to be a remarkably honest healing philosophy.

I don't know if it really works or not; this is the way they tell it.
rubybloodstone

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 03:08 am
@roger,
Thank you for your help. I'll look it up. But if you find any other ways please tell me. I may be turning my story into a play. It should be fun.. If this is a way then it will look great in a play. But not so much in a book. It will be harder to get the actions across.

I thank you both for you assistance, keep the information coming Smile
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:16 am
@rubybloodstone,
rubybloodstone wrote:

Well what i meant was. Many of the exorcisms are said to only work for priests. I need one that works for every one. For my character isn't a priest. She is in fact and phoenix angel. Half phoenix demon (made up by me) and half angel. I was just wondering if there is a way for ordinary people to perform this rite.

Depends on who you ask. A Catholic priest would certainly respond that no layperson is authorized or qualified to perform the rite. On the other hand, as I pointed out in my previous post, some people out there take a more "do-it-yourself" approach to exorcisms. There is, however, no "standardized non-standard" rite of exorcism. Of course, if you're writing a fictionalized account of an unauthorized exorcism, you can pretty much make up all of the details yourself.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 09:45 am
Be sure you don't leave out the holy water and the corn pollen.
rubybloodstone

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 02:50 am
@joefromchicago,
Thank you. Yeah i see your point. But for those that read it or watch the play. They may know the way it is supposed to be and give bad feed back. I was only thinking of such a thing. But as my audience may not know a thing about the demon world it would make sense to make one up. Also to put such a thing in the story line that the main character has to make it herself.
rubybloodstone

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 02:51 am
@InfraBlue,
Don't worry InfraBlue. I won't forget the holy water and corn pollen. They are key elements. Very Happy Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:01 am
@rubybloodstone,
I've participated in my fair share of non-Catholic exorcisms (most of the times as the person being "exorcised") and some details you might want to add for authenticity are the concepts of "laying on of hands" as well as "speaking in tongues" (this would work especially well in a play) and having more than one exorcist (this kind of stuff often needs the stupidity of crowds to materialize and some versions of it actually require the "strength in numbers").

Here are some examples which closely resemble the exorcisms I have seen.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Laying_on_of_hands.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/889/networkministrieshands.jpg
rubybloodstone

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:15 am
@Robert Gentel,
(of "laying on of hands" as well as "speaking in tongues")

I understand the term strength in numbers but i am not quite sure about the other terms. Maybe the laying on of hands, but speaking in tongues. I don't understand. Could you please explain?
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 03:30 am
@rubybloodstone,
I provided links for both that explain the concepts in great detail. If you just don't want to read all that and want cliff notes:

Laying on of hands: the religious practice of physically touching someone to heal them etc. In Christian rituals this usually means a bunch of people... you know, I even gave you pictures in that last post. I just don't know how I could better explain it than that.

Speaking in tongues: Well if a picture is worth a thousand words this one's going to at least need audio. I was surprised at how hard it was to find a legitimate video of tongues but then I ran into this comedian who actually has it down pretty well:

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 09:48 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I've participated in my fair share of non-Catholic exorcisms (most of the times as the person being "exorcised") and some details you might want to add for authenticity are the concepts of "laying on of hands" as well as "speaking in tongues" (this would work especially well in a play) and having more than one exorcist (this kind of stuff often needs the stupidity of crowds to materialize and some versions of it actually require the "strength in numbers").

That raises a good point: when I think of "exorcism" I think of the Catholic ritual. For Protestant evangelicals, however, I think they're more inclined to think of it as "casting out demons." Same general principle, but the rituals are vastly different. For some evangelicals, the process may be as simple as putting your hands on your television set as Rev. Ernest Angley solemnly commands "demons OOOOUT!"
rubybloodstone

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 03:07 am
@joefromchicago,
o_O Huh? Is it really that simple?
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 09:47 am
@rubybloodstone,
Yeah, it can be just that simple. Here's Benny Hinn doing it:

rubybloodstone

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 03:04 am
@joefromchicago,
I'll look at the video when i get onto a beter computer. I'm at college at the moment and they have blocked all video and music sites... grrr..
0 Replies

cherylfritz

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 09:14 am
@rubybloodstone,
The Bible teaches that any genuine believer can cast out demons. I've done it before, and I know others that have too. Feel free to look me up on Facebook. My name is Cheryl Fritz. If you punch in my name under a Facebook search I think I'm the first Cheryl Fritz listed. I have long blond hair. Just send me a friend request, and we'll talk more.

Mark 16:17 (New King James Version)
17 And these signs will follow THOSE WHO BELIEVE: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

Luke 10:17-19 (New King James Version)
17 Then the seventy[a] returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”
18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Matthew 10:7-8 (New King James Version)
7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead,[a] cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
0 Replies