Random thoughts from the moose cave.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 06:58 pm
@farmerman,
Well, you are living more than I know about. I just talk to keep a word in edgewise.
JTT

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:02 pm
@farmerman,
Framerman, yet another of those cowards, Rocky. Why are they so attracted to the moose cave?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:21 pm
@ossobuco,
now dont get angry, I wasnt meaning anything snotty. If it came out that way, forgive me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Farmer, I am not supposed to post on this thread, re accumulated history from rockhead and me - much less give you guff. I try not to.

That was a slip.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:35 pm
@ossobuco,
you are confused again, osso.

I never told you not to post here.

I did ask you not to start any more threads calling me creepy.

what a delight this thread has become.

thanks jtt.

may we meet in person some day...

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:47 pm
@farmerman,
Have you looked at Peterson Pawpaws?

http://www.petersonpawpaws.com/CulturalAdvice.php
ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Asimina triloba
ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:49 pm
I just realized that the seed that Noddy gave me at one of our meetings is a pawpaw and discovered what its significance was. Thank you wikipedia.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:58 pm
@Rockhead,
I didn't save our missives, but I read you did shoo me off posting here, at least in pm or email. I try to not do that, but I like your efforts at getting along and do read, sometimes.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:01 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
what a delight this thread has become.

thanks jtt.

My, what a level headed guy you are, Rockhead! Next you'll try to blame for your snow, or your bellyache, or your headache, or your [__]ache.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks. If you see anything about possible toxicity of paw paw "au jus", pass it on. I already know that they stink , too many more negatives and maybe I gotta pass. ALthough I really like the fruits
ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:07 pm
@ehBeth,
You're right.

I like Paulownia better, heh,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Paulownia_tomentosa_JPG2a.jpg
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:09 pm
@ossobuco,
you confused paw paws and pawlonias?
you are our ranking arborist since dadpad left this planet
ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:09 pm
@farmerman,
I've sent a note to my environmental pals to see what they know about pawpaws. They (the pawpaws) seem to be used a lot in riverbank restoration so MAB and Rob probably know something about them.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:14 pm
@farmerman,
Snort - no, I am a person who memorized some thousands of plants fast, and most of them, for good reason, in our general geographic area. Some I know well, some I saw once in a while, like this same Paulownia.

I know really good plant people, Neil Weikel, for example, re the west, but I'm not one.
farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:19 pm
@ossobuco,
we call PAwlonias "ghetto trees" because they, likeAllianthans, germinate and occupy disturbed soils .
However,Pawlonias, were it not for their pretty purple pendulous flowers , would be useless trees . They do have a very lightweigt and strong wood that the Japanese have claimed for constructing dowerage crates.

Paw pAws have reddish puple flowers and beautiful tasty fruits (they dont ship well though so commercial growing has been pretty much a flop)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 08:21 pm
@ehBeth,
If they have any ifo about whether the paw paws develop a "dead zone" beneath their drip lines lemme know.

Walnut (black walnuts) can kill livestock because of the cyanide in the leaves after frost hits them.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 02:15 pm
@farmerman,
I finally began to recover and able to post again. Don't know what is going with all the folks.

BBB
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2013 06:06 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
you are acting just like you accuse my government of acting.

Wow! You really have a handle on scale, don't you, Rocky?

Have I killed millions yet, Rocky? Are you breathing in depleted uranium? Do you consider the truth to be some kind of WMD?

Quote:
enforcing your agenda over mine with no respect for me.

I have been very respectful of you many times, but you are nothing but snide.

You sneak out of your moose cave to snipe at others then you whine when you get in return exactly what you dish out.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 01:12 pm
posted this on edgar's oddities and humor thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6VBKJUACQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=853u3XT4re8

http://www.tropic.ca/assets/January-2011-Plant-Photos-from-web-site/PawpawCluster.jpg

Hope Rocky learns to like me again

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 11:34:40