Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:13 pm
@ehBeth,
it will be the former, I'm certain.

the kids are 6 to 16 or so.

there will be some hot moms there, though...

I enjoy the youth thing. lotsa energy in the kids.

and everything is simpler than the traveling broadway type stuff on the big stage.

I love the little Teall theater. it's my favorite venue in town. (the Orpheum is pretty cool, too)*

I even have permission to be late to the TSO out if I have to.

there is a thirty minute gap if all goes as planned from my props gig at one venue to unrigging at the other on the 5th.

a really nice problem to have. and a big step up from when I started and was replaced once because I was not 5 minutes early...

*http://www.wichitaorpheum.com/history-video/
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:51 pm
and then there were ten...

I'm short a chicken.

no more all day free ranges, I think...

I'll look for evidence in the morning when I can see. I'm guessing my fox is having an after dinner nap about now...
Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:43 pm
got dinner almost ready.

nobody has mentioned it, so I will.

the one thing I've not mentioned is that damned convertible...

I'm hoping to spend the day saturday working plastic, and possibly spraying some fill primer.

and then I gotta pick a day next week to have him out and order parts.

but first I gotta see if I can make a buy in and get WD.

lotsa hurdles to clear, but Ima hafta start actually budgeting my time. and really working to eat good in the midst of the hurricane pacing...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:45 pm
@Rockhead,
maybe fox farming would be easier
Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:49 pm
@ehBeth,
he's a pretty bastard.

and he's prolly a she...

they are safe enough in the coop, I just gotta only let them range around when I can be out there. kinda like having kids, really.

except they poop where they please, and I nnly muck the house once a season...

my leftover beans are even better this time around. and my cornbread was almost normal tasting. and about $10...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 07:08 pm
went to check oit the deal on children's theater...

“Babes in Toyland” (Dec. 7-9) for Music Theatre for Young People, performed at Mary Jane Teall Theater in Century II, 225 W. Douglas. Victor Herbert’s classic operetta built around Mother Goose characters mixed into a romantic holiday fantasy featuring beloved songs like “Toyland” and “March of the Toys.” Shows at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 7 and 8, 2:30 p.m. Dec. 9. Tickets: $12 adults, $10 students, available through WichitaTix at 316-219-4849 or www.wichitatix.com.

but possibly the best part is,

they are doing another the following week...

“The Best Christmas Pageant Ever” (Dec. 14-16) for Wichita Children’s Theatre and Dance Center, performed at Wichita Center for the Arts, 9112 E. Central. Funny and touching comedy about children reinterpreting what they think is the real meaning of Christmas during a school pageant. For ages 8 and up. Tickets $6, ages 5 and older. 7 p.m. Dec. 14, 1 and 3 p.m. Dec. 15, 2 p.m. Dec. 16. Call 316-262-2282 or visit www.wctdc.com.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/18/2572868/wichita-holiday-theater-productions.html#storylink=cpy

(but I don't know if they will be buying outside help for that one of not, it's not in Teall)

we can only hope...

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 08:28 am
urf.

I hate mornings...

need tea.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 11:28 pm
I need to sleep.
dlowan

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 06:42 pm
@ehBeth,
I need to get up.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 04:44 pm
I knew, of course, that things were going too well to be true.

and there's a reason my guy seemed confused when he called me.

because he was.

I'm working today and next sunday. in and out. only...

so now I have more time to shackle myself to the convertible.

and still need to source some funds to survive the season...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 05:57 pm
Come get my Bronco up to snuff, and I'll feed ya for a few weeks....we got fresh hog in the freezer....and I'm lookin for a side of beef.
JPB

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 06:48 pm
@2PacksAday,
sweeeeeet!

Or, meaty, as the case may be.

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 06:57 pm
@JPB,
I'm not much of a pork eater, and really don't care for pork chops in particular, but she cooked a few up tonight....made for some mighty fine eatin.
JPB

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 07:07 pm
@2PacksAday,
Regardless of what y'all are eating I'll be crashing this get together for sure. We flew south yesterday for a quick back-and-forth. The next trip will be with a vehicle.

<but not until I complete the 4 (seems like 12) hour online safe driver course to keep the pts off my license for Oct's speeding ticket at mileage marker 2 on I-55 in IL>
2PacksAday

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 08:09 pm
@JPB,
Oh Lord, once you cross the river into Ill. it's drive at your own risk anywhere south of Marion. I've probably told you before, but one afternoon we were driving to Carbondale to see Patty Loveless in concert, and we counted something like 30 cop cars between Cairo and Marion.

When they catch one of us Mo boys, or Ky boys over there it nearly always leads to a vehicle search, because our states are lax on the gun laws compared to Ill....and were known to just throw a pistol wherever in our vehicles....we treat them like a regular person might treat a screwdriver or any other random tool.
JPB

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2012 10:30 pm
@2PacksAday,
Yeah, they're usually looking for folks headed north out of MO. This one decided to look the other way for a while. Got me doing 79 in a 65. I told him I was keeping it under 80. He wasn't impressed.
mismi

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 06:37 pm
@JPB,
Shoot - my BIL told me if I kept it just under 10phm I'd be fine. State Troopers here seem to be okay with it. Shocked
Sorry JPB. Sad 4 hours. yuck.

Hi all...I am reading and following. Just not talking much.

Having a hard time being perky. It'll pass. Wink
Rockhead

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 07:58 pm
@mismi,
perky schmerky...

I'm sneaking up and tackling my troubles one by one.

got the owner of the vert where I want him. looking to be done in January. with re-assembly (and a payment) to follow.

and my kitchen has been reclaimed. all of smoky's stuff is boxed, and the cabinets cleaned, and my stuff washed and stacked...

and I am gonna try and get through the holiday better than last year.

I've picked out (and reserved) a gift for myself. a new (sorta) 27 inch flat monitor. a gamer's delight. and an old guy with bad eyes' helper...

and I've discovered dairy free Nog.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So Delicious.

(that's a brand...)
mismi

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:23 pm
@Rockhead,
old guy with bad eyes helper shmelper
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 07:23 am
http://belovedember.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/hokey-pokey1.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 03:26:13