Random thoughts from the moose cave.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 05:32 pm
@Rockhead,
keep a watch out for this stuff at a discount

http://s4e663e1ca54b2.img.gostorego.com/802754/cdn/media/s4/e6/63/e1/ca/54/b2/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/r/drmaggie.jpg

Cleo's been having problems with blocked tear ducts - face puffs up - she picks at it - things get nasty - vet says don't bring her in unless you're ready to put her down

uhhhhhhhhh no

picked up some dr. maggie's at the fair - a baby fingernail's worth a couple of times a day just on and below the tear duct area has kept things looking good for about a month now

the little old lady dog has had runny eyes for over a decade. I'm not putting her down because she can't manage things properly anymore.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 07:59 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm gonna have a ham sammich before I tackle medicating my children.

odds are 8 to 1 that dink draws blood before we finish...

you can contact spendius if you want any of that action.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:17 pm
@Rockhead,
mebbe if you share your ham sammich, the medicating might go better
Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:23 pm
@ehBeth,
fortunately for them, neither of my cats has any interest in my food.

unless I'm eating salmon...

they have very good manners.

except bubba sometimes.

okay, most of the time.

but they don't beg or eat people food...

dinky will thank me when its all over. he's really been doing a scratch dance on his ears.

thirty firkin dollars buys a lotta catfood.

but just a itty bitty tube of ear ****...
ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:27 pm
@Rockhead,
yup - $16 for a tiny bottle of pet anti-anxiety drops. I remind myself that at 4 drops a day, the bottle will last a long time, but still ... that's a lotta money
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:31 pm
today as almost criminally easy. I was in props.and for the first 3 hours I was a sometimes pusher. of wheeled boxes mostly, but it is theater, and so there was some really heavy funky ****, too...

I watched a carrying cart start to buckle in two as it was forklifted.

and I have a little chickenhawk.

a newbie that I worked with at the ag expo.

good kid, fresh outta the army. I kept him outta trouble, and tried to keep showing him the ropes. theater is new to him, so we learned upstage downstage, stage left and right before we did much else.

it sucks to get direction from show personnel and have no idea what they just said...

he's gonna be good when the new wears off.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:34 pm
I forgot to talk about what I did for the last hour...

we dressed the set to look like a seedy barroom.

I mean REALLY seedy...

I hung about 20 pairs of little tiny panties and some rather fancy bras in specific locations as he handed them out and told us exactly where we would find a hidden spot of velcro...

and then I was on a ladder hanging guitars and neon lights.

I love my job...
2PacksAday

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:41 pm
@Rockhead,
Pretty much describes my bedroom....not kidding.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:49 pm
@2PacksAday,
somehow that doesn't leave me speechless...

I have a coupla guitars, and a lotta memorabilia I can't make myself throw away, but no frilly underthings.

if I did, I think stinky would steal them.

he's a chick magnet...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:52 pm
that said, I'd give half my stash right now for a pretty face to bring me something hot and tasty for dinner.

even if I dint get a cuddle outta it...

I'm tired of being my own cook.

and I can't afford to eat out even if I find a place that doesn't serve me poison...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 08:56 pm
and gram surprised the hell outta me today.

she told me that she likes my new hat.

Shocked

so I dug up a picture.

of just the hat, of course...

http://www.cycleblind.com/media/02/a20791b12960254dc63069_s.jpg
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 09:29 pm
I may regret the hell outta it tomorrow, but Ima have a big ol'grilled ham and cheese sammich tonight.

goat cheese. and not a great big gob.

but I'm dying for real food...

and I got some new spicy mustard cuz of beth, eh.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 12:33 pm
I overslept.

at least it wasn't yesterday. that woulda been a baaaad thing...

called ol' bob. he don't care, he'll see me when I get there.

havin a cuppa.

damn happy pills make me sleep like a zombie, and my screaming mimi didn't go off. (on stage days I have a backup alarm and backup backup phone call)

but my sammich doesn't seem to have hurt me.

I feel kinda goaty, though...
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 12:37 pm
@Rockhead,
good news on the sammich eh

the mustard musta saved you
Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 12:40 pm
@ehBeth,
musta...

my next attempt will be a reuben-like creation.

but not today.

ham and beans when I return. (wonky old gas stove, not gonna risk leaving it cook while I'm gone)

and after a night of sulking, dink is at the foot of the bed behind my desk chair.

and he loves me again.

and his ears are not bothering him like they were...

gotta scoot soon. afternoon shift starts at 1:15.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 09:15 pm
when I got there, I hadda clean up a mess.

my drianpan got scooted over, and the radiator dripped a hella quantity of green **** onto the floor.

but I still got all the bottom side work done except for the infamous "mother-effer" bolt between the motor and transmission on the back side. this is the one that leaves shadetree dudes scratching their heads. if you don't know where it is, you won't ever find it. thanks GM...

it will be out and the new one set in by end of day tomorrow.

may be done friday, more likely monday. I don't much get in a big hurry when I am wrenching. bad things always happen when I do.

kinda cool working next to somebody again. I miss that part of it...

got my dinner ett, and am playing morrowind. got a coupla quests that I can't figger out how to get the folks to give me what I came for.

I hate to kill them over it...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 04:35 pm
got both motors sitting on the ground. they are the same long block, but a lot of the peripherals are different, so I am undressing the old motor, and putting all the right crap on the new one. so far no broken ****...

and my original modified plan had me finishing Monday or Tuesday.

but I got a stage call.

and starting Sunday, I am working all week on youth theatre.

hoo flippin ray.

but I'll hafta try and squeeze the motor out around my calls.

I think I can do it, the shows are mostly evenings, only a few matinees.

I'm excited.

and my stage guy was kinda confused...

she requested me by name because last time I stayed 14 hours and kicked some serious butt getting them back on schedule.

I'd even go so far as to bet that she has some GF cookies waiting for me. she was a verra nice lady.

at the first of the year when I move up to the next list, I should almost be able to make enough doing stage work to pay all my bills. then whatever I can make in the shop can go to getting ahead. or buying a plane ticket, or whatever other crazy thing pops in my head...

I'll hafta go see if I can find out what show we're putting on. last time was once upon a mattress.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 04:49 pm
@Rockhead,
awesome dawesome!
Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:02 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm stoked. which is good, I need some energy.

gotta go in and start busting out rock of ages at 10. prolly done about 2:30 stage shows load out more slowly than concerts, and there is not an army of us. mebbe 40 hands. and 3 riggers...

then gonna hafta be at the salvage at 10 with my head on right to try and get the motor sitting back in the car at the least.

then it is just a long process of hooking everything back together.

correctly.

gonna have some pintos n ham with cornbread, then contemplate a short nap...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:05 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/59/Babes_in_Toyland_(soundtrack).jpeg/220px-Babes_in_Toyland_(soundtrack).jpeg

or is it?

http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/13804/babes-in-toyland-282544.jpg

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 05:24:46