Random thoughts from the moose cave.

mismi

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 05:00 am
@Rockhead,
Didn't work. Got beat 20-11. Ouchy. [That is a lot of "bad news bearing" in the field. Serious errors all over the place]

Hope you fared well in the storms.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 06:33 am
@mismi,
storms and bad news bears?

people, people, people we need to see a change!

(love yuz all)
mismi

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 06:35 am
@ehBeth,
love yuz tuz. Wink
Have a good day Beth.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 12:46 pm
the storm was mostly wind, noise, and rain. lotsa rain...

so I don't hafta water today...

already been over and made the neighbor's truck run right. vacuum leaks...

he's giving me a columbine plant for my troubles. (they watch the place while I'm gone, and I'm gone a lot)

gonna break out the sawzall and cut the exhaust off'n the 4x4. the catalytic converter is plugged up...

then decide what else needs doing while it's cool. cold front dropped us 20 degrees.

I'm in a sweatshirt. I don't do climate change verra well any more...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 01:46 pm
cripes...

got the shop all set up, put the new battry in the mower, and came out the back way to find my goats atop the pile o' wood waiting for the burn barrel.

and then while fixing their latest escape route, I threw my back out...

grrr.

we have four verra nice days to work with, so I popped a pain pill and am refusing to give in.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 12:31 am
long long day.

got a lot done...

the baby goats now live in the orchard. still gotta build them a lean-to...

fixed the nebbors truck. got a columbine for my trouble and planted it. give them back a ginormous sunflower as a thankyou.

fogged my side of the house for fleas. and washed all my bedding. and did a load of laundry.

got the converter outta the 4x4. gonna go for parts tomorrow. (later today)

filled all my water jugs, and got a shower boilt up.

gonna be a verra short night, so I shaved in advance.

Smoky goes in for his new hip tomorrow morning, and I gotta be there when he gets to the hospital...
mismi

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 06:26 am
@Rockhead,
Thoughts are with you and Smokey.

Baby goats. I just like that so much. Because they are really cute. Any baby goats are really cute.

Big boys in 1st tournament last night. We lost but in overtime by 1 run. Wore me out. The prof has an interview. It's in Nowhere, MS though. Not sure I want to move there. If I am going to live in the country, I would prefer to stay here. I am pretty sure my idea of "country" and really being "in the country" are two totally different things.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 12:42 pm
@mismi,
Mississippi is about as backward as it gets...

I hope for you and the boy's sake that you don't gotta move there.

smoky is under the knife right now. I had to skip over to mr vw's and have some noodles...

it's been a cluster f*ck of a morning. I am an honorary nephew today to save on my patience. gotta be back over there by about 2:30.

feeling all 3 hours of my sleep about now.

at least it's sprinkling and cool...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 01:10 pm
ok.

back to the horse pistol to sit and wait...
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 09:05 pm
@Rockhead,
Hope Smokey's surgery went well and he will soon be pain-free.

Those waiting room endurance tests zap all the energy from a person. Hope you are holding up as well.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:06 am
@Butrflynet,
he was under a lot longer than they wanted him to be. but he came out looking a lot better than last time. of course he didn't knock himself silly and cut his ear off this time, either.

and he was on plavix last time, which they expressly stopped this time 2 weeks prior to surgery.

he was bitchy and in pain before they put him back out for the afternoon on strong juice.

I could see all the pain leave his face as it kicked in. then he got smiley and weird.

good signs...

I'm beat and wonky, but the cold spell is kicking my ass, too.

got the heater going and sweats on in June. whodathunkit...

kinda feel like the dr pepper dude in american werewolf.

gonna try and sleep it off.

back to the city to check on him again tomorrow. and I gotta take gram for groceries...

gonna be a long weekend.

Ceili

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:21 am
@Rockhead,
Glad the surgery is over and he's on the mend and on the strong stuff. Goats in the orchard, eh! Bet they're loving that.
I'm going to an Egg event tomorrow. I'm hoping to get some good advice and learn some tricks of the trade on the boler. The frame has been welded with some extra bits added on for more strength. Next week I'll be looking for a new axle and then it's on to the fibre glassing... I'm hoping it will be ready to roll in less than a month, fingers crossed.
Anywho... I hope you have a good day tomorrow and you'll be feeling alright. Night.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:28 am
@Ceili,
have fun with your camper-geeks.

sleep is mostly what I need.

and less stress. which I should be able to control tomorrow, barring a catastrophe...

and for my back to go ahead and loosen up.

I hate gimping around, but I can't stop to rest it. and it heals quicker if I don't.

anyways. tomorrow is a new day.

here's to the crack of noon...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:27 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
got the heater going and sweats on in June. whodathunkit...

Good gravy ... 111 in Phoenix today (... yesterday).
mismi

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 05:44 am
@Ticomaya,
I went to feed the neighbors dogs this morning and it was COLD outside. This is Central Alabama - that's quite chilly. 53 degrees F. Brrrrrr....

But - it will make the two baseball tournaments we are in all day much more enjoyable...in the 70's F - very nice. Very Happy One of the twinks got a knot jerked in his tail for throwing his helmet down after he whiffed at three balls and ran for 1st on a missed pitch and still got out. Not a pretty moment on so many levels. Coach reamed him.

Glad Smokey came through the surgery so well. Hope he heals quickly and gets home quickly.

Wishing you and Gram a good day. No stress...
hugs,
mis
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 07:19 am
http://www.barewalls.com/i/c/511360_The-Wind-in-the-Willows.jpg
JPB

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 07:56 am
@ehBeth,
Ha! Love it.

Thoughts to you and Smokey, ((RH)). Keeping Mr VW in my thoughts as well. Please give him my condolences.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 01:52 pm
@JPB,
did the noon thing. feel better.

gonna try running without a pill today. got one in case.

my back is twingy, but not locked up...

awoke to the goats being out. they are back in the chicken pen for now. cuz that's where they wanted to be...

off to check on smoky and then go see gram.

mr vw has his grandkids in for the weekend, so he's in a good place...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:30 pm

my chickens are here.

of all the early blessings...

gotta run.
mismi

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:42 pm
@Rockhead,
Baby Chicks, Baby Goats...

lerd thatsalotta babies.

Have fun. No stress.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 09:23:44