Random thoughts from the moose cave.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:21 pm
@Butrflynet,
gram's neighborhood is clean. it jumped her and hit on to the Northeast.

she was really lucky...

by the time it gets hot enough to start fires, the tall prairie grass will have completely obscured my cheap reading glasses.

I don't normally wear them while working in the yard, but I had them hanging from my shirt because I was expecting a phone call...

the phone rang, and I grabbed for them on my shirt. no dice. and I couldn't see who it was to answer it.

gonna go start a load of laundry and haul some water.

back later...
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 07:18 am
@Rockhead,
Do you have a Dollar Tree up there? I can get a pretty decent pair for a dollar. Then it doesn't bother me so badly when I lose them. And I lose them...a lot.

Glad to hear Gram missed damage as well. We have some thunderstorms today - but they are the good kind. The rumbly ones that make me happy to be home.

Hugs you.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 11:30 am
@mismi,
prolly a dollar tree somewheres. I don't normally shop those joints if I can help it. unless I need a cheap book for a plane ride...

smoky called me and woke me up. now he doesn't answer his phone...

and I got a list of things to do as long as my arm. starting with fixing my truck.

our normal weather is back, but it feels cold...

both cats slept in the bed last night. bubba is so chuffed she is still there. dink is watching the birdbath with a twitchy tail.

I mowed all the territory I claim here last night. the pond garden looks awesome. I have to decide where to put the 4 new giant elephant ears. and move my bamboo...

gonna make some noodles and then scoot.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 01:56 pm
ok.

smoky problem solved. truck troubles tinkered with.

gonna take a test drive and see where I wind up. starting with the post office and the bank...

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...
Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 02:41 pm
my truck runs better, now I know where I'm headed when I stop to fix it.

off to town to get my lawnmower back. mr vw had borrowed it, but we found him another one...

and to get something to make for supper. I'm hungry for realish food. and my checks hit over the weekend...
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 03:14 pm
@Rockhead,
What is relish food?
Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 03:22 pm
@mismi,
real-ish..

Glad the storms jumped you Rocky. I watched some of the aftermath on tv.. yikes.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 03:25 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Cool Evil or Very Mad Cool
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 03:49 pm
@Rockhead,
missed the a.

my bad.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 03:50 pm
@mismi,
I found your "a" and sent it back to you, so you are good.

BBB
mismi

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 03:58 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
bless you BBB. Smile
Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:08 pm
@mismi,
realish food is something a normal person would look upon as appetizing. not immediately recognizable as GF/DF fare.

wally dint have any roto-chickens, so I am on my own.

prolly smoked salmon with orange slices and a baked tater...
Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:55 pm
first, I gotta go mow.

damn rain...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 05:58 pm
@Rockhead,
at the Green Living Show yesterday a chef from Whole Foods demo'd a days' worth of gf/df of vegan meals. Other than the smoothie, it was pretty tasty. I just can't deal with beet juice <shuddddddddddddder>
Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 06:00 pm
@ehBeth,
anything beets is out...

no anythings liver or turnips either.

got some expensive real turkey breast. maybe I break out the goat cheese and see what happens...

after I mow...
ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 06:30 pm
@Rockhead,
Brenda Lynn and I had turnip pancakes on our adventure Saturday. Surprisingly yummy.

http://img.about-chinesefood.com/f9x/f9x5y6v4b4s0v6g6.jpg

love the recipe, such as it is on that site

http://about-chinesefood.com/cookbook/turnip-pancakes-2040/

a unique translation

Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 06:31 pm
Quote:
If you are considering weight, you can grate off extra grease only shredded bacon. If you are already downsizing, consider Bacon not only do this with white radish cake.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 09:17 pm
@ehBeth,
brrrrrrr.

I can see my breath...

but my neighbors yard is mowed. I'll go back and trim tomorrow in the daylight. she's mighty picky for a little old lady that can't mow her own yard. but she is giving me her husband's old welder. (he past away years ago) I've not seen it yet, but they didn't make any crappy 220v wire feed welders. professional use only.

I'm hoping it makes a nice addition to the shop. I will see it for the first time tomorrow.

having some noodles to warm up. got taters baking. gonna be a late night I think...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 02:28 pm
got a bit out of sorts last night. betterish now.

still trying to fend off a headache...

gotta gather up my concrete tools and go see mr vw. it's that time again. gonna patch and fix on his ponds. this year is phase 2. the waterfall section and the rim around the top pond that I sealed last year.

next year we tackle the bottom pond. it's the worst of the 3 sections...

got all my transplants watered. everybody is still with us.

and I gotta go to whole food. I'm outta noodles again. and to wally's with my water jug. I gotta not forget my jug this time again...

itsa beautiful day in the neighborhood.

go get some sunshine, paleface...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 08:38 pm
home.

hadda have mr vw bring me. we missed the taillight curfew...

but I did a rockin job on his pond. and every skeeter in the county had a bite of me...

stopped at wally's and got a discount chicken. $2.50 for a ten dollar family size bird. got a tater baking...

and he popped up and gave me a twenty. he charged the little crazy gal with the baja for my tail light work. I wasn't expecting that. it kinda took the sting outta spending $60 at Niel's...

and he gave me 4 bags of concrete to get my chicken poles set and finish my fencing for the chicken play yard...

it's been a pretty decent day. Ima wait and plant tomorrow in the sunshine. just gonna relax and boil some water for a shower.

after I haul it in, I'm out...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:14:41