DECLINES IN FISH STOCKS WORLDWIDE_the ecology of exinction

spendius

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 05:00 am
@farmerman,
We know all that fm--and plenty more of a similar nature. We know the problem. I just posted it.

What do you think we should do about it? That's the beef.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 05:52 pm
@Philis,
Quote:
crap can food tuna for pets is made from crap from tuna. Human tuna is made from the good meat of the tuna. Have you seen the outrageous price of ONE can of tuna?
I usually ignore outrageous ignorance but thought I would just tell YOU.

crap can food tuna ? Human tuna ? Thank you for your outrageous accent. The "outrageous price" of tuna is based on your "outrageous ignorance". Poor people use all of a fish. If the rich are going to complain it is too expensive then they can eat cat food like some elderley are forced to do...but the concept that tuna is so scarce it is endangered yet we can feed it to pets and pensioners is paradoxical.
farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 09:27 am
@Ionus,
I swaid once before, the cat food canners use albacore, a smaller, more abundant tuna that is rather bony like all other mackerel. For catfood they just steam the **** out of it and leave the bones in.
spendius

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 10:40 am
@farmerman,
Tuna's cheap--therefore it must be plentiful. Everybody knows that.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 11:19 am
@spendius,
Is that satire?
spendius

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 01:42 pm
@plainoldme,
Well pom--Henry Miller--that great American, once said, "If **** had value the poor wouldn't have arseholes."

Tuna's cheap. Tells you all you need to know about the species being overfished.

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:19 pm
@spendius,
The recorded highest value for a bluefin tuna was over 150K$ US.(44 million yen)
I guess that value has more to say about the impetus for overfishing this species than sir drinksalot.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:22 pm
I love seafood but I cut back because I believe in personal responsibility. I wrote about cutting back years ago and some right winger said that as stocks decline, the price will rise and fish will be off the market.

Typical right winger.

People like Paris Hilton will develop fish dependencies and all the wanna bes will start gobbling fish whether they like it or not because the high price will make it chic.
farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:24 pm
@plainoldme,
Thats why several species of sturgeon are almost extinct. Does caviar taste wonderful cause its expensive, or is it expensive cause it tastes wonderful?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:27 pm
@farmerman,
The topic is fish stocks fm--not bluefins. If there's less bluefins there's more for other fish to eat. The shelves are full of canned fish at low prices.

How much fish meal is manufactured for feedstock?
farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:32 pm
@spendius,
The topic is "Declines in Fish Stocks worldwide-the ecology of extinction". I believe, unless youpoint out otherwise , that bluefin tuna is one of the declining fish stocks.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:40 pm
@farmerman,
Farmerman is right . . . bluefin is declining at an alarming rate but the natural world going to hell in a handbasket seems to please the right.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 04:50 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The topic is "Declines in Fish Stocks worldwide-the ecology of extinction". I believe, unless youpoint out otherwise , that bluefin tuna is one of the declining fish stocks.

You'll be having tuna fish with buckteeth or cross-eyes next, calling them a name to simplify it for you and thus a species, and if buck-toothed and cross-eyed tuna are being gradually selected out, declaring that fish stocks are declining and that we should all sit at your feet and beg you to tell us what to do about it.

You don't know the first thing about evolution fm. You're on a hobby-horse of snob infested affectation which you have been conditioned to believe covers your person in the golden glow of superiority and thus entitles you to expect all the females to gather around you and demand you impregnate them.

It must be very confusing for you.

Evolution moves far too slowly for a man like you to appreciate.

If bluefin tuna are vanishing they must be doing something dysfunctional. Like being too big from eating a lot and unable to slip out of the mesh another species has found makes them cheap and easy to snap up, preserve in tomato sauce, I hope, and serve up on toast.

The meek will inherit the earth.

farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 04:58 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You'll be having tuna fish with buckteeth or cross-eyes next, calling them a name to simplify it for you and thus a species, and if buck-toothed and cross-eyed tuna are being gradually selected out, declaring that fish stocks are declining and that we should all sit at your feet and beg you to tell us what to do about it.
Ill take that as a very convoluted and uncreative wayy to say "yes"
spendius

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 05:08 pm
@farmerman,
I neither considered it convoluted nor uncreative.

Try expressing the idea more efficiently or in a way you haven't read in a newspaper.
farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 06:05 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I neither considered it convoluted nor uncreative

and Bulwer Lyton also thought that he was a great writer .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 06:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I swaid once before, the cat food canners use albacore, a smaller, more abundant tuna that is rather bony like all other mackerel. For catfood they just steam the **** out of it and leave the bones in.
And the only thing stopping you from eating it and saving blue fin tuna from yourself is you are too god-dammed fussy and would rather have a talk fest about how terrible it is that you wont be able to eat your favourite tuna anymore. Somebody else will have to do something !
farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 08:25 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
species:

Albacore, Thunnus alalunga (Bonnaterre, 1788). 105 centimetres (41 in)
Yellowfin tuna, Thunnus albacares (Bonnaterre, 1788).
Blackfin tuna, Thunnus atlanticus (Lesson, 1831).
Southern bluefin tuna, Thunnus maccoyii (Castelnau, 1872).
Bigeye tuna, Thunnus obesus (Lowe, 1839).
Pacific bluefin tuna, Thunnus orientalis (Temminck & Schlegel, 1844).
Northern bluefin tuna, Thunnus thynnus (Linnaeus, 1758).
Longtail tuna, Thunnus tonggol (Bleeker, 1851).
Karasick tuna, Thunnus karasicus (Lesson, 1831)":

Slender tuna Allothunnus fallai (Serventy, 1948)
Bullet tuna Auxis rochei (Risso, 1810)
Terriowipet tuna Auxis tongolis (Bonnaterre, 1788).
Frigate tuna Auxis thazard (Lacepede, 1800)
Kawakawa (little tuna or mackerel tuna) Euthynnus affinis (Cantor, 1849)
Little tunny (little tuna) Euthynnus alletteratus (Rafinesque, 1810)
Black skipjack tuna Euthynnus lineatus (Kishinouye, 1920)
Dogtooth tuna Gymnosarda unicolor (Rüppell, 1836)
Skipjack tuna Katsuwonus pelamis (Linnaeus, 1758)
Lineside Tuna, Thunnus lineaus

ACtually there are 48 species of tuna. most of which are choice edible fish, and ALL are used for food. The bluefin just happens to be the one that drives the JApanese sashimi and sushi market . Im having trouble understanding why you are such a disagreeable person. Not getting any?

AONUS SAID

Quote:
And the only thing stopping you from eating it and saving blue fin tuna from yourself is you are too god-dammed fussy and would rather have a talk fest about how terrible it is that you wont be able to eat your favourite tuna anymore. Somebody else will have to do something !

I see that youre still as lovable as ever Aonus

Ionus

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 08:39 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
ACtually there are 48 species of tuna. most of which are choice edible fish, and ALL are used for food. The bluefin just happens to be the one that drives the JApanese sashimi and sushi market . Im having trouble understanding why you are such a disagreeable person. Not getting any?
I am having trouble understanding why you think Tuna is declining when all you have to do is to stop eating the type you like and eat a different type of tuna.

Quote:
I see that youre still as lovable as ever Aonus
If this statement is based on your inability to explain why you are contributing to the problem that you are complaining about then I take it as a compliment.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 08:51 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Not getting any?
So your ability to think logically and express an opinion is based on the number of visits you make to the barn ?