Joe Fontana Law & Order

lovejoy

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 01:27 am
Has it ever been explained how this detective can afford $400 hand made silk shirts, Gucci shoes etc., did I miss an episode?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,241 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 05:14 am
@lovejoy,
He wrote a seris of books. ANYWAY, Dennis FArina would look like one of his clients were he not excessively dressed
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 05:33 am
His wife may be very frugal with the household budget. Alternatively, he may hold the salesmen's heads in the toilet until they provide substantial discounts.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 05:40 am
@lovejoy,
Shhh! He's on the take!
lovejoy

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 05:48 am
@tsarstepan,
he's what
farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 07:12 am
@lovejoy,
IM telling you, the story line has already covered this. He IS a "cop/author" who's lifestyle isnt based on his cops paycheck. His partner had mentioned thisperiodically. ANyway hes not there anymore right?

HMMMMM, I quickly looked on Wikipedia and they didnt have anything about the book. Did I just drem that? or did I get that from some other show?
It makes sense since many news reporters have become best selling authors and still remain on the job in rel life.
If they didnt cover that in the show then they should have. there Im stickin with it.

ANybody who dumps a pwrps head into a toilet is ok in my book despite his shitty taste in expensive cars
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 08:13 am
You sure you are not confusing that with McGee in NCIS farmerman he is an author as well as special agent?

If Fontana is an author I must have missed that episode
firefly

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2010 01:16 am
@lovejoy,
I don't think they ever explained how Fontana could afford his expensive lifestyle.
It did give the character some flash, as well as a bit of mystery.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 14 May, 2010 01:11 pm
"Law and Order," the original series, will still be seen in reruns on cable. But Fred Berner, an executive producer of the show based in New York, said Thursday that the cancellation is a “kick in the gut to New York.”

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/14/nbc-cancels-law-order/?WT.mc_id=BU-SM-E-FB-SM-LIN-LAO-051410-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click

NBC confirmed Friday that it had canceled the original “Law & Order,” bringing an end to a 20-year-old television drama that jump-started an era of television production in New York City.

“Law & Order” was on the verge of becoming the longest-running drama in prime-time television history, surpassing “Gunsmoke.” But it appears that the “Law & Order” executive producer, Dick Wolf, has settled for a tie. The final episode of the series will be shown on May 24, NBC confirmed in a news release Friday.
0 Replies