Yahoo Mail On Motorola Droid

Newway

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 02:35 pm
Does anyone else have trouble getting their yahoo email on their Droid? I have Yahoo Plus (paid version) and nothing seems to work correctly. Messages reappear, does not delete from account when I delete mesages from the phone. Does Google really hate Yahoo that much?

Ragman

Reply Thu 18 Feb, 2010 02:41 pm
I've recently bought a motorola Droid about 5 dayss ago and can't seem to get Yahoo mail setup, either. Instead I use my Google mail account until I figure out what the deal is. If I did some research on it, I'm sureI'd get it figured out.

This link may help you out on the site "E-How How to Do Just About Anything"
http://www.ehow.com/how_5644155_make-friends-droid.html

How to Make Friend with Your Droid

Stuff about Email:

"Browse the web and check email. Don't fuss with those pop settings. The Droid has integrated Microsoft's Hotmail and Google's Gmail in the software. Simply sign in with your username and password and catch up on email"
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:00 pm
@Newway,
Sounds like you are using pop when you want to be using imap. With pop, you just download whatever is there in the account, and you have the options to delete them all to not download them again. That's pretty much it.

Imap, however, synchronizes reads and deletes with the mail server. So while I don't know if Yahoo mail provides this (your plus version should, if it doesn't) this is what you need to do if that is what you want: you need to configure your mail settings with IMAP and not POP.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:15 pm
@Newway,
Try this:

"To set up Yahoo E-Mail on the Motorola Droid:
Make sure Wi-Fi is turned off
Press the E-Mail icon (the default Android E-Mail application)
Enter your Yahoo E-Mail address and password
Press "Manual Setup" in the lower left hand corner
For "Incoming Server Settings" set the IMAP server to "imap.mail.yahoo.com" and the Port to 143
For "Outgoing Server Settings" set the SMTP Server to "smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com" and the Port to 587
Check "Require sign-in" and press Next
Select how often your Droid will check for Email, and choose default options
Give the account a name and set your display name for outgoing messages
Done and done. You’ve now got Yahoo Mail on your Motorola Droid and it will work with the all-new "Combined Inbox" in Android 2.0. Beautiful."

Copied from another Droid forum. Hope this helps.
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 01:18 pm
@The Chief,
Thanks Chief, I knew he needed IMAP but the steps are even better. Good show!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 07:48 pm
@The Chief,
TY, Chief! I'm on the road in FL so this helps me out a lot with my new Droid. I now can rely on my Droid to give my reg mail instead of the Gmail.
The Chief

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 07:50 pm
@Ragman,
Glad I could help. Smile
0 Replies

DBac

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:40 am
@Ragman,
YaHoo has restrictions that, until now, would restrict users from accessing their e-mail accounts sources other than YaHoo.com. In the upcoming Droid update, we are supposed to be able to access our YaHoo e-mail account on our Droid devices.
Ragman

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:35 am
@DBac,
huh? What are you saying? I've been accessing my email since my reply weeks ago.
0 Replies

salesrep

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 07:41 am
@The Chief,
I have a customer with a Motorola Droid that has been unable to get email from an account that ends in .org. Is there a trick to this, if so would love assistance
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2010 12:07 pm
@salesrep,
I don't have an answer for you, but hopefully one of our Droid experts will come along soon and give you some tips.

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies