Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:05 pm
Have any of you tried "Lookout" yet. It provides a system wide scan for viruses and malware, plus scans all your downloads and tells you if they are safe. Backs up your contacts and photos. It will also locate your phone if it's ever stolen using your home PC from mylookout.com, and send a "scream" command to you phone that sets off a siren that can't be turned off (unless you turn off the phone). I'm not trying to sell anyone on it but so far it's worked pretty good for me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,131 • Replies: 12
No top replies

The Chief

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 11:33 pm
@droid Enforcer,
I have used Lookout Mobile Security since it was called Flexilis. I would not be without it. It is as awesome as free apps get. From their website, I can track the location of my phone down to zero meters. Very accurate, great backup, and it keeps bad apps from loading (I hope - it hasn't caught a bad one yet).
0 Replies

droid Enforcer

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:16 am
@droid Enforcer,
My only bad thing was when I located my phone it said 0 meters but was really about 30 meters off. It said I was in my neighbors house. Other than that it rocks. BTW, posted via my Droid mobile phone.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 01:42 pm
@droid Enforcer,
I've been using Lookout for about a week or so, now. In this same amount of time, I've noticed that my battery life has taken a considerable hit. Has anyone else w/ Lookout noticed this?
The Chief

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 02:02 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
No I haven't. My battery life is great. I wonder of it's another app that is draining your battery...
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 02:19 pm
@The Chief,
I don't know what it is, so I'm trying to whittle it down. I had great battery life up until about a week ago. My usage hasn't changed, either. I don't leave many widgets running, just Weather Widget Donate, Meebo IM, Mini Info and Lookout. Weird.
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 02:42 pm
@droid Enforcer,
I too have Lookout, and I have not noticed any change in battery life. As to the app itself, very nice for being free.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 11:54 am
@linmk2,
Also, are you guys running Lookout all the time? I haven't changed any of it's settings.
The Chief

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 12:25 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Yeah it runs constantly in the notification panel.
0 Replies

droid Enforcer

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 07:55 pm
@droid Enforcer,
Yeah, it runs in the background. I also set taskkiller to ignore it.
linmk2

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 08:46 pm
@droid Enforcer,
I also run Lookout in the background.
0 Replies

dudedelaware

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 12:10 am
I have LookOut installed on my Droid but am unable to locate my lost cell phone.

I am able to establish a connection but am not able to locate it. Should the GPS be on to locate the phone.
0 Replies

albrecht

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:04 am
@droid Enforcer,
does it only work for Verizon Customers? I was just told about it from a Co-Worker, but he didn't give me all the details? Would it work for an I-Phone and possibly for my son's new Pantech? Do you have any idea? Sounds like a GREAT app!
0 Replies