Need some feedback for Andrometer on Droid

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 02:20 pm
Hi All,
I'm one of the developers for the Andrometer app (2nd place misc. cat, ADC2). I've seen numerous comments that the app is crashing on Droid. Unfortunately I do not have a Droid (not available in my country) and this error only seems to happen on Droid.

Has anyone tried Andrometer with Droid and experienced this issue? If so, can you tell me at what point the crash happens? Any other details would be helpful.

Thanks,
HighwayNorth
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 14,445 • Replies: 12
No top replies

HighwayNorth

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:15 am
@HighwayNorth,
I received some feedback on another forum yesterday that helped pinpoint the issue. I think I have a fix for the 'crash on Droid only issue', but again I won't know for sure until some Droid users give the app a try. If anyone has a few minutes to spare, please download Andrometer (free app) and give it a try.

Thanks,
HighwayNorth
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:22 am
@HighwayNorth,
What does the APP Do?
0 Replies

HighwayNorth

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 11:16 am
@HighwayNorth,
The app allows you to estimate distances to objects or the height/width of objects you can see be using the camera, GPS, accelerometer and geomagnetic sensor.

Basically, you point at the object you want to measure (say a distant building) and the app records the direction you are pointing via the sensors and it also knows where you are standing based on the GPS. You then move to a new location and repeat. Once you have the second measurement, the app has all of the data it needs to figure out the distance from you to the object.
BucYouUp68

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 11:27 am
@HighwayNorth,
I will check it out for you and let you know. I have to wait till i can get outside to test, I am in a Cemnt bunker at this moment.
0 Replies

HighwayNorth

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 11:29 am
@HighwayNorth,
Great, I appreciate it. The app won't work well in a bunker... Smile
0 Replies

Guit4rG0d

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 12:56 pm
@HighwayNorth,
If only i could have this app 2 years ago. I wouldn't have to look through that damn scope reading 3 measurements on each position and moving around 2903857 times for surveying
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:01 pm
@HighwayNorth,
As you have read on the other Forums, that App still Force Closes. I tried it, and once it wants to use the Camera it Force Closes. Good Luck, as I dont have a clue on how to fix it....lol
HighwayNorth

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 03:38 pm
@BucYouUp68,
Quick update - we finally managed to fix the issue. It was tough without having a phone to try it on, but the latest fix did the trick.

Thanks,
Highway North team.
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 05:14 pm
@HighwayNorth,
I do have your app on my Droid. To be honest, I've not used it yet, but as soon as I do, let will let you know how it works. I can tell you that, at least when I downloaded it and looked the app over, it did not crash. I will let you know more as I use it.
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 02:25 pm
@HighwayNorth,
I was able to try out your app today. I'm happy to report there were no crashes on my Droid while using the software. The measurements however, were not correct. My "target" was a gate in my backyard. Approx. 30 feet from my patio where "a" pictures was taken. Moving to the left for "b" picture, as far as I could go in the confinement of my backyard (less than 20 meters), is the result of the incorrect measurement. I congratulate you on a your nice work. I do have some suggestions. Keep in mind these are suggestions and are in no way criticism. First would it be possible to have a toggle to switch from meters to feet. While most of the world does use the metric system, the USA does not. Perhaps showing the result as both feet and meters. Also, is there any way to reduce the distance for the camera shot "b". In an open field one can move in any direction 20 meters without issue. However, in confined areas such as city streets and the like, many times one cannot move 20 meters. Such was the instance in my case. I hope I was of some help. The good news, there was no crash, and I used the software to reconfirm the measurements twice.
ragface

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 01:20 pm
@linmk2,
I just used it once, but no problems. Downloaded in the past week. Is there any way to get measurement in feet?
0 Replies

ellentaylor

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 11:18 am
@HighwayNorth,
Is this something like pedometer?
0 Replies