Keep on truck'n
Keep on pour'n that Maple Syrup
I'll keep on writing
Cheers
t
Edited to include:
Dickster
Let me address your comment regarding Carolyn Beach:
She is a sophisticated, educated and savvy daughter of a prominent Dr (as described in her narrative)
I seriously doubt she would use Ma and Pa over Mother and Father.
Having said that every writer needs and editor and the art of writing is in the rewriting, so keep the comments coming
Cheers & Ciao
t
0 Replies

Dickster

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 03:15 pm
Well met
Indeed, I might have been quite wrong in that rather stereotypical assumption. I almost actually regretted typing that just after I had it posted because it dawned on me that the whole "Ma" and "Pa" thing is probably more a southern thing anyways. I agree with that fellow by the name of 'realjohnboy'... It appears as though your historically fictional story here has a nice beginning that whisks away readers and drowns them in Maple Syrup like I do to my breakfast... but then the remarkably soothing quality is hastily dismissed to make way for Carolyn and the highlights of her life. Then Thomas is given his spotlight, too. I don't know, maybe I'm just too picky or too tasteless but... Carolyn is supposedly always wandering in thought so maybe she could end up 'rambling' about 4 Chimneys while trying to give her backround... That way some more nice history could provide more of a backdrop and she'll appear even more like they type of person that wanders freely in thought. But, like I said, I'm just a little smack.
0 Replies