Syncing Your Mac To Your Droid

linmk2

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:38 pm
While I guess, most of you have computers whose OS is Windows based, there are some, like myself, that have a Mac. There is a program called Double Twist that allows you to simply sync your iTunes, iPhotos with your Droid. However, for those who do not have a Mac with Intel based processors and the latest Snow Leopard OS, there is another answer. It's called Salling Media Sync www.salling.com/MediaSync/Mac/ . It's a free download to your computer. The download is the "lite" version. To get all the bells and whistles, it will cost $22.00. Since my Mac is an older G4 series, Double Twist did not work for me. However, just playing around with Salling Media it seems to work. It even downloaded the album art. I can tell, if you don't pay the $22.00 for the "full" version, each time you start the program up, it re-syncs all of your iTunes and iPhotos again. Two notes. Salling Media will only syncs items in playlists or albums. It will not sync individual songs or photo. Nor does it sync your address book or iCal. For those of you who don't really want to do the "drag and drop" on your Mac, maybe Salling Media might be the answer for you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,712 • Replies: 2
No top replies

DavidJ7

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 07:24 am
@linmk2,
Mark Space, http://www.markspace.com/products/android/missing-sync-android.html, has introduced their Missing Sync for the Android including the Droid.

It a bit pricey at $40.00 but includes lots of Bells and Whistles including a Proximity Sync that uses your WiFi network.

I have used these produces for Palm, Blackberry etc. and they have been great.

Dave
Cody, WY
0 Replies

randy m

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 02:52 pm
@linmk2,
I'm trying out the Missing Sync right now; it still has some quirks, but I'm going to see if I can get it right this week.
0 Replies