Bluetooth Voice Dialing

linmk2

Reply Sat 12 Dec, 2009 01:38 pm
Since I've had the Droid, one of my daily pleasures has been searching the Marketplace for new apps via the "just in" tab. Most of us would agree that some of the apps are useful, some are a novelty, and some are a complete waste of time. The search however, is always entertaining. What is the purpose of this post you ask? As many of you are aware, our Droid does not support Bluetooth dialing via a headset. You can do a "redial", but you can not voice dial. While I look each day for such an app that makes Bluetooth voice dialing a reality, I might miss something. If any of you guys find one that I might have missed, just post to this thread. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,516 • Replies: 1
No top replies

teddyearp

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 06:05 pm
@linmk2,
Yes, this is the one MAJOR feature that I wish was on this phone. However, I doubt that an app is going to be the fix for it as it is something that has yet to be coded into the kernel itself. And FYI, the kernel is way below the actual firmware version or any updates thereof, as far as I understand it.

There was an app that I can't remember the name of because they wanted a boatload of money for it, and all it did was enable the use of your camera button to bring up the phone dialer, yet it still did not switch to your BT headset until after the call was made. What a waste, IMHO.
0 Replies