App to Unlock Phone When Call Comes In.

linmk2

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 03:30 pm
I've had my Droid for a little over a week and a half. I've not encountered any problems. Everything is running well. So far I'm happy with my purchase. There is one thing that I find annoying. When the phone is in lock mode and I have an incoming call, I must unlock the screen with the finger wipe before I can answer the call. On more than one occasion I've missed a call because of the time wasted fishing the phone out of my pocket or car console, making the "swipe" and then getting to answer the call. Does anyone know of an app that would unlock the phone when there is an incoming call? I thought there might be a setting that would do that, but I don't see one.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,360 • Replies: 12
No top replies

droid him

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 06:33 pm
@linmk2,
No app only thing i know of is bluetooth.
cmacv

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 07:56 pm
@droid him,
what if someone was calling you that you didnt want to talk to and as your fishing in your pocket any screen touch answers your phone? :confused: couldnt you just call back the missed call?
i can remember being a kid the phone was mounted on the wall, had a cord attached to it, you hated people that had a zero in there number cause it had to go all the way around, no caller i.d. no answer machine, you had went out to get that extra long cord so you didnt have to stand next to it.
0 Replies

linmk2

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 12:10 am
@linmk2,
Good point. I had not thought about that. I'm just used to looking at the screen on my old flip, if I wanted to take the call, just flip it open.
The Chief

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 04:35 pm
@linmk2,
I remember the Dare was a simple "touch to answer" phone and it would butt-answer calls so fast it never had a chance to ring right. A lot of peeps talked to my booty with that thing :rolleyes: so I guess I appreciate the extra step to answer a call.
0 Replies

cp22gear

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 11:25 am
@linmk2,
I read this thread with a little confusion. the droid is not a "touch to answer" phone. it is a "swipe to answer" phone. The issue for howard, as is the issue for myself, is the unlock pattern using the 9 dots on the screen. Sometimes it takes 2 or more tries if the dots aren't connected properly, and this time used up can make you miss the call. is there a way to have an incoming call take the need to "unlock" the phone away, before swiping to answer the call? THAT is the question!
The Chief

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 11:32 am
@cp22gear,
I have never had a call come in and the unlock pattern screen (9 dots) come up. It's always just a simple swipe to answer when a call is coming in.
BucYouUp68

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 12:07 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;1322 wrote:
I have never had a call come in and the unlock pattern screen (9 dots) come up. It's always just a simple swipe to answer when a call is coming in.

Same Here!!!!
0 Replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 02:23 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;1322 wrote:

Same... maybe a security setting or downloaded app is causing this?
0 Replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 02:39 pm
@linmk2,
I think the majority of the problems that people are having with these phones are Application issues. most that are being downloaded are free and are in development stages. That is why you see constant updates for these apps. The phone is a computer, just like the one you have at home sitting on your desk, load it up with a bunch of apps and you get the same effect.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 03:30 pm
@BucYouUp68,
BucYouUp68;1327 wrote:
I think the majority of the problems that people are having with these phones are Application issues. most that are being downloaded are free and are in development stages. That is why you see constant updates for these apps. The phone is a computer, just like the one you have at home sitting on your desk, load it up with a bunch of apps and you get the same effect.

This is very true. Three times I had issues w/ my phone and each time was due to my improper management of apps. Now that I'm more informed, I don't have any issues that I can't handle myself. Also getting much improved battery life. And I don't use a task manager as the Droid has one already.
awwwyeah206

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 03:03 am
@YankeeDudeL,
Has anyone drilled it down to what app is causing this? I can't figure out which app it was but it was definitely an update that caused it cause I haven't installed any apps in a while but have been updating regularly. This problem started occurring throughout one of the updates for me.

I wonder if I should start removing applications one by one.

Even when I disable the pattern security the phone requires me to unlock it before I can get to the call screen to answer. Also very annoying when ending a call as I pull the phone away from my face the screen doesn't wake up. I have to hit the power button and then unlock the screen so I can hang up the call.
linmk2

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 02:53 pm
@awwwyeah206,
Well, I guess I need to chime in here again. After reading the first few posts to my question, I've decided that doing a swipe is not all that bad. What I was hoping for, was an app, that when a call would came in, a simple answer button (it's quicker to touch a button, than do a swipe, at least for me) would appear on the lock screen. Touch it, and you have the call. Just like a "hard" button answer/end on none touchscreen phones. Since my first post to this topic, I've become more accustom to the swipe motion. Thanks to all who responded.
0 Replies