Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 03:30 pm
As you may or may not know, I have yet to get the fundage for my droid...but its happening. that being said, i know i am going to go crazy with apps because i keep reading this awesome forum about what this phone can do (seriously, a metal detector?! im a cop and SO USING that when i arrest someone...maybe i can convince my wife I HAVE to have the droid for my own safety...hmm)...

anyway! how much does the average app cost? how many are free? how many do YOU have and how much have you spent to get them? like i said, im poor, and getting this phone is going to be dangerous for my bills Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 964 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 03:55 pm
@saintlewi,
Most of the apps i downloaded so far are free.

The only app i downloaded that was paid other than the nba (9.99) one since im a new born again basketball addict was .50 the rest were free. Ive downloaded about 20 or so apps.

In terms of cost more seem to be free on the android platform vs the iphone but its alot smaller scale at the momment.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 04:33 pm
@Droid Motorola,
When searching, you can search for just the free apps. And there's plenty of them. And many of the ones you do have to pay for have free "lite" versions, so you can see if you'd like the full version.

I've only bought one app and that was the full Weather Widget app. They do have a lite version, but I wanted the full one, which is customizable. That one cost $1.59, if memory serves me.

You can also check for the newest available apps, and there's constantly new ones. I think it's safe to say we'll have plenty to keep us entertained for quite some time.
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 05:54 pm
@saintlewi,
One thing to note is if you buy an app and dont like it you have 24 hours to get a refund. I wish apple had done that. I paid nice change 9.99 and a bunch of 4.99 apps that were crap. I got no refunds just out the dough.
The Chief

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 08:50 pm
@droid him,
I have yet to buy an app. I haven't seen any that interest me (yet) that the free ones won't do. Between Weather, News and Google Sky - which is a PHENOMENAL app - I am very busy with the freebies. Maybe one day the market will give me an app I want to buy but it ain't now. Not yet.

BTW "Pickup Lines" is hilarious - just don't try using most of them in real life! :p
saintlewi

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 03:56 pm
@The Chief,
[QUOTE

BTW "Pickup Lines" is hilarious - just don't try using most of them in real life! :p[/QUOTE]

no worries...my wife might get upset
0 Replies

droid him

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 09:19 am
@saintlewi,
i am about to by beyondpod...great podcast app.
0 Replies