App for downloading library audiobooks?

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 04:42 pm
Hi there,

I use an iPod to listen to audiobooks. The best source (FREE) is the library. I use OverDrive Console to download the books from the library onto my computer then transfer them to my device. The most common files used are .WMA (for digitally restricted media) and they are incompatible with Droid... OY..Sad

Does anyone know of an app that would allow me to download, or convert WMA files so that I could use them on the Droid? I was soooo hoping to ditch the iPod and use only the Droid. And.. I'm waaay too cheap to buy audiobooks when I can check them out of my library for free!

TIA
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 1
No top replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2009 05:23 pm
@meandorene,
meandorene;887 wrote:
Hi there,

I use an iPod to listen to audiobooks. The best source (FREE) is the library. I use OverDrive Console to download the books from the library onto my computer then transfer them to my device. The most common files used are .WMA (for digitally restricted media) and they are incompatible with Droid... OY..Sad

Does anyone know of an app that would allow me to download, or convert WMA files so that I could use them on the Droid? I was soooo hoping to ditch the iPod and use only the Droid. And.. I'm waaay too cheap to buy audiobooks when I can check them out of my library for free!

TIA

You can use Audacity to load up the wma files, then export them as Mp3 files

You will need to point Audacity to the lame Mp3 codec file though which can be found here
0 Replies