Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 07:24 am
Anyone here still using Home++? It hasn't been updated recently and It started force closing a lot (3-4 times a day). I decided to uninstall it, I'd have to say the only thing I really miss is the power strip at the bottom (I was only using 3 and a half screens anyway) Anyone know if there is another program that gives that functionality?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,273 • Replies: 14
No top replies

BucYouUp68

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 07:59 am
@iamthewinnar,
When the 2.1 update rolls out, it will have 5 screens.
iamthewinnar

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:47 am
@BucYouUp68,
BucYouUp68 wrote:
When the 2.1 update rolls out, it will have 5 screens.

Yea, like I said though, the screens wasn't what I liked about home++ it was the power strip at the bottom. Trying to see if I can find something similar...
YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 11:03 am
@iamthewinnar,
I've been having the force close issues, too. Its only been the past couple days. I love that power strip as well, it just eliminates the need for the normal home screen apps. Love being able to turn the notification bar off, too. Oh, and the continuous scrolling.

I don't know of any other home replacement app that offer any of those features, so I've stuck w/ it despite its lag (which thanks to overclocking is no longer an issue). Hopefully they'll update soon, and if it solves the prob, I'll let ya know.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 11:07 am
@iamthewinnar,
I was only using four screens, but it did start getting buggy. Besides, Home++ started to seem pretty redundant. I made the decision to uninstall it and haven't really missed it (except that I like the way it hid the notification panel and the continuous scrolling). Pretty happy now with my 5 stock screens and no bugginess!
0 Replies

saintlewi

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 11:34 am
@iamthewinnar,
tried home++, twice...but im impatient and couldnt decide on what to do with it, lol. still, waiting on 2.1 to hit. and still waiting

...waiting.
0 Replies

Guit4rG0d

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 01:15 am
@iamthewinnar,
ive been having force close issues for 3 weeks or so now

But ill put up with it if it means keeping my scroll and lower icon bar
0 Replies

Guit4rG0d

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 01:18 am
@iamthewinnar,
I also recently nuked my Droid just to mess around with it, and some how i got the home screen to go into landscape mode without taking the keyboard out before the nuke, but doesnt want to do that now. Any ideas to get it back to doing that?
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 10:16 am
@Guit4rG0d,
Ok, I just learned how to root; nuking is something completely new to me.
The Chief

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 10:26 am
@YankeeDudeL,
Nuke? As in Factory Wipe? :confused:
Guit4rG0d

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 12:50 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;2424 wrote:
Nuke? As in Factory Wipe? :confused:

Ya. Nuking it and starting over with an "out of box" phone
The Chief

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 02:50 pm
@Guit4rG0d,
Wow, that seems like a final option to me. Having to reload all the apps and settings... I guess you have a lot of time to kill LOL Very Happy
Guit4rG0d

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 03:13 pm
@The Chief,
The_Chief;2443 wrote:
Wow, that seems like a final option to me. Having to reload all the apps and settings... I guess you have a lot of time to kill LOL Very Happy

Well...actually I didnt have to load a single one...

After i got the original OTA update, and it asked me for my Gmail account it loaded EVERYTHING back. Contacts, Apps...It even loaded the last wallpaper I had on it

Que "I <3 Google/Droid"
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 03:36 pm
@Guit4rG0d,
Learn something new everyday. That's never been as true as it has since they day I first put the Droid in my hands.
The Chief

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 04:49 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
WOW... okay I'm impressed :cool:
0 Replies