Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 07:31 pm
I have one of the body gloves, I'm just curious whether it interferes with the docks at all? Anyone have the body glove and any of the docks yet?

I want to get them eventually, but not if I have to take the body glove off every time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,688 • Replies: 11
No top replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 08:14 pm
@iamthewinnar,
Also wondering this as I have the body glove. My multimedia dock should arrive tomorrow, so I'll let ya know if no one answers by then.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 09:41 am
@YankeeDudeL,
Blahhhh....That's a big negative. Maybe if I forced it, but I'm very hesitant to use any force w/ just about anything. I'm too much of a clutz.
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 10:37 am
@iamthewinnar,
Good thinking.. Im not sure any case will fit with the dock. It might mean our droids will have to go naked...
iamthewinnar

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 10:41 am
@Droid Motorola,
webmaster;723 wrote:
Good thinking.. Im not sure any case will fit with the dock. It might mean our droids will have to go naked...

The dock is a nice thing to have, but I don't think I want to give up the protection of the case for it. Maybe in a year when I don't care as much.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 10:53 am
@iamthewinnar,
I don't suppose it's a deal breaker for the Body Glove. It does come off relatively easily. I will, however, look into some leather pouches and whatnot. I haven't seen one I was too crazy about, which is why I went w/ the Body Glove in the first place, but oh well. The slot in the dock could be a lil wider but whatever.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 10 Nov, 2009 08:36 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Here's an interesting piece. I came across a free app called DockRunner. It puts the phone into the docking mode, and it works as if it were plugged in. Now obviously this doesn't charge it or hold it up. But if there was some type of holster, maybe even one for another phone that may just hold it in some kind of upright position, you can save a few dollars by just using your regular charger and this app.
0 Replies

Mrlibra19

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:55 am
@iamthewinnar,
Yeah that dock runner app is the truth saved me 30 bucks and all I gotta do is lean the Droid against something. Nice post Yankee dude!
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:14 am
@Mrlibra19,
Of course I ordered mine when I got the phone. Just got it today. I suppose I could bring it to the store and turn it in if I want to save 30 bucks, but I still gotta find a good stand for it. I had a small picture easel somewhere that might could work...
0 Replies

iamthewinnar

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 08:52 am
@iamthewinnar,
Awesome find! I never even thought to look for a program like that.
YankeeDudeL

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 02:39 pm
@iamthewinnar,
iamthewinnar;779 wrote:
Awesome find! I never even thought to look for a program like that.

Lol, neither did I. I was searching the newest apps and it came up on there.
kbmagic

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 12:07 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
I had a heck of a time finding anywhere near me that actually had the multimedia dock in stock. I asked at Best Buy and I asked at my local verizon store and each time was told 'we just sold the last one...we should get more in a few days..' but I suspect that is a scripted response.

My last trip to the verizon store was a little better though because the salesperson told me "I can order you one, and it will be shipped to your home in 2 days." So problem solved. They didn't charge for shipping and even gave me a small discount on the product...wahoo!

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is having similar luck to mine in not being able to find a dock!

-lovin my Droid!
0 Replies