HOLLA - Finally you can dictate texts!

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 06:17 pm
As if Swype didn't speed things up enough, now there is an app that allows you to talk to your Droid and then it converts what you say into a text message or Facebook or Twitter entry.

It's called Holla and it is now on the market. The download is a whopping DOLLAR and uses the Google voice recognition engine built into the Droid. Speak slowly and clearly and it is quite accurate.

SO that's the second app I've paid for - and IMHO well worth the slight expense.

This is bound to be very popular, so get onboard early!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,268 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cmacv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:29 pm
@The Chief,
sweet im getting lazier by the minute. Very Happy
YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:04 pm
@cmacv,
cmacv;1813 wrote:
sweet im getting lazier by the minute. Very Happy

Word, homey.
The Chief

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:15 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Granted, Holla isn't perfect (after all, it's brand new) and it won't come up as a text entry alternative for websites and messages. You have to open Holla, speak into it, and then direct the text to wherever it's going. But it's a useful tool, and more than just an interesting novelty. I can see it going very far as a must-have app this year.
0 Replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:15 pm
@YankeeDudeL,
Sold. Good find, Chief.
0 Replies

The Chief

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:42 pm
@The Chief,
i used the program to take dictation and pasted it here... and it works brilliantly

The above was spoken into Holla and then copied to the system clipboard. I then long-pressed the text field to paste it in. Much faster than typing it all in!
0 Replies