Is that also against their religion?

Eve

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 12:20 pm
Eh Beth - was there a solution for the guy with the endocrine problem? I know someone who also has a peculiar smell and I know that he bathes and changes regularly and have often thought it was something like that but don't know if there is anything that can be done.
0 Replies

Seeker

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 01:08 pm
I'm a veggie coz it make me feel sick Razz no probs. Not that I want to smell like cheese, which I eat a lot of. Smelling like chocolate wouldn't be a bad thing...

Smells aside, what are the rules about food Muslims my eat? What is the reasoning behind it all? Are there any Muslims who can explain it to me?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 01:19 pm
About Islam

Quote:
Dietary laws for Muslims are very clear. As outlined in the Qur'an, Muslims are forbidden from consuming pork, alcohol, blood, meat dedicated to false gods, etc. It is easy to avoid these basic ingredients, but what about when the ingredients are disguised as something else? Modern food production allows manufacturers to start out with one basic product, then cook it, boil it, and process it, until they can call it something else. However, if its original source was a forbidden food, then it is still forbidden to Muslims.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 04:43 pm
the dietary laws were put in place because those foods were unsafe at the time.

Actually, there is still some benefit to having communities with different dietary laws, for example - if for some reason everyone died from eating cow, the hindi would still be alive.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 05:07 pm
Considering the efficacy of having the beef industry regulate itself in the US.....
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 05:09 pm
Not just the types of foodstuffs, plenty of prohibitions about how the food has been harvested, prepared and even in some cases, presented. Helps distinguish 'us' from 'them'.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 02:58 am
It's been a couple of months now, but I can still remember the smell of that woman. Honestly, it was strong enough to photograph!
0 Replies

Ruach

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 10:45 pm
wilso,
I have smelled some very stinky people too. You start asking yourself, "how long can I hold my breath?"

However, we do not know the woman or her lifestyle. She might have had a very bad night with kids and homelife and barely even made it to her class. (something like that)

Check her out again next time she is in class.

I also agree with setanta and a few others. Perfume is horrible to me. It hurts my nostrils, I am allergic.

We might not even know how we smell to others.
0 Replies