Why do immigrants flock to Britain?

High Seas

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 11:08 am
@lovejoy,
lovejoy wrote:
....The people of this country are trying to keep the BNP from gaining ground, and the idiot system allows this crap....

Why do you say that? The BNP isn't a British political party? If so, who are the "people" trying to block it?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 11:24 am

This woman is clearly taking the piss, and her bluff should be called.

She has a new five-month-old baby, so she needs another bedroom? Not on benefits, she doesn't.

No doubt Westminster CC will now get a grip on this.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 11:34 am
@McTag,
Quote:

She has a new five-month-old baby, so she needs another bedroom? Not on benefits, she doesn't.

I don't think anyone would disagree (given the reported facts of the story). The objection is the attempt to make this woman into an "immigrant" when in fact she is a British citizen who was born in London. It is the racist immigrant bashing of someone who isn't an immigrant that makes this thread so infuriating.

If this thread had been titled "Why do Brits live in Britain?", we could have a rational discussion on the merits of the case. I am afraid without the race-baiting part of this thread, we would probably all be in agreement that a British single mom shouldn't be getting a 100,000 pounds a year to live in a mansion. But, that wouldn't make for a very interesting discussion.
McTag

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 02:07 pm
@ebrown p,

Okay it might be off-topic, but we have to get away (us Brits, I mean) from the mindset that a single woman with no means of support except benefits can have ever more kids and expect the Council to house them.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 16 Feb, 2010 02:16 pm
@McTag,
Since this is off-topic, let's start a new thread.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 12:20 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:

I don't think anyone would disagree (given the reported facts of the story). The objection is the attempt to make this woman into an "immigrant" when in fact she is a British citizen who was born in London. ...

As usual you post endlessly without the least clue on the subject matter - no European country grants citizenship on the basis of place of birth. Anyone can be born anywhere, doesn't mean he has even "right of abode", let alone citizenship. Cases such as that described on this thread (jobless on welfare benefits, 5 children in 6 years by 2 men, none of whom provides support) might fail application for a right of abode in the UK on grounds listed near the end of this page:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/
So stop accusing others of "racism" until you educate yourself (not likely, but still your only hope for writing factually and logically someday).
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:05 pm
@High Seas,
Tea, there is NO indication anywhere - other than Lovejoy's imagination - that the woman is an immigrant. It's just not on.

I know you have issues with ebrown p, but you need to look at what was going on here - other than your feelings about ebrown p. He is not always wrong or wrong-headed.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:07 pm
@lovejoy,

since you are the only person anywhere who has said she is an immigrant - what is your evidence? there is none anywhere that I can find on the internet - NONE!
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Hi ehBeth - there is no indication anywhere that the woman is a British citizen, at least in the articles posted here, whence presumably LoveJoy's designation of her as an "immigrant".

I most certainly have no "feelings" of any kind for Brown-Munoz, I'm just annoyed at anyone consistently and deliberately posting fallacies in spite of very many corrections by other posters.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 01:12 pm
@High Seas,
I did quite a thorough search, yesterday and today, on this subject.

Lovejoy is the only person referring to Ms. Marjan as an immigrant.

The articles (where she is only one example of people taking advantage of the British Social Services system) refer to her as London-born, British-born etc. Not one hint anywhere that she might be an immigrant.

Don't bother denying your reactions to ebrown p, Tea. It's all there for us to read.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 17 Feb, 2010 02:25 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
....you need to look at what was going on here - other than your feelings about ebrown p...

LOL - had to read this twice to make sure I understood it: it really does say that I "have feelings for" Mr Brown-Munoz. Well that sure comes as a great surprise to me, and no doubt to him as well. As to my general opinion of him and his inane commentaries, it's been so well captured by Setanta on the other thread that it would save time if you'd just look it up there. To sum up: kindly leave me and any "feelings" you may attribute to me out of whatever problem you're having with British residents, whatever their citizenship status.
0 Replies