Dear Gustav

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 05:20 pm
soo disappointing.

like that musical (which bloody one?! i now have the song stuck in my head): "he had it coming!" sings one side.
"i didn't do it" sings the accused.
sigh, if only there was a dear somebody to help...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 05:22 pm
Dag, you need a good dissertation distraction, why not help everyone out! "Dear Dag" has a nice ring to it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 05:26 pm
who will answer my own questions then? nah, i ain't no wizard. plus that would really really be the end of the Dreaded D.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:13 pm
Dagnabbit, osso worries about that big D. I can say that, as I am the anointed queen of procrastination and I work the same way you and I guess Nimh does. Must be something about the intensity involved in getting the matter in hand that calls for putting off. The thoroughness that happens when I do get engaged has a certain exhausting aura when I look at it from the before side.

Others do everything as soon as possible. They're usually pretty righteous about it too, though not all are. I think there's some room for creative ferment in our way, but disaster courting is an interesting road in life (she says after years of this.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:16 pm
Aaak, I was serious. Backing off...

well, it's gus' fault for not being here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:18 pm
D's Dreaded D. <sinister music>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 07:34 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Others do everything as soon as possible.

Sorry, but I'm one of those that pays their bills right away. Laughing In my defence though, I'm not righteous about it.

I can't stand stuff hanging over my head.

I like the idea of Dear Dag, by the way, so you have my vote! :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 08:09 pm
Well, yeah, you would, you have a steady paycheck...

Kidding, but not entirely. People like sole practioner architects are dependent on clients, while they have to keep paying the lease and the past reprographics bills - and some things are seasonal. Art galleries - not the kind in malls that lightwizard talks about, but small ones in non major towns, have ebb and flow of sales that are hard to predict. Writers... have rather well known ebbs and flows.

I've lived on the edge of all this since I left laboratory medicine, which paid well. (slaps self).
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 11:48 pm
"I didn't do it." Chicago.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 17 Oct, 2005 12:24 am
YES! Dear Ceili! That's it! And I should know, I saw it just this Saturday... that's why it was stuck in my head.

Osso, i'll be fine. I need stress, allnighters, guilt and shame to work best. Unfortunately, that's the miracle formula for me. And I'm there alright. Had a few nights already when i woke up with a heart pounding and realized it's the Dreaded D stress that's signing in.

I do have one deadline in 2 weeks, another in a month. Yay!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 05:30 pm
sigh. he just doesn't care. i'm gonna sit in the corner over there and mope quietly. then a little louder.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 05:31 pm
WHAT?!?!?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 06:51 pm
I've been monitoring this thread very carefully and it's tearing my heart out to see dagmaraka suffering so, but she has to learn that I will not always be there when the going gets tough.

Therefore, even though this is going to kill me, I'm going to sit back and make her work through this problem on her own.

It's time to leave the nest, Dag.

Spread your wings and fly! Fly, little sister......fly!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 07:16 pm
What about the rest of us?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2005 10:20 pm
We can fly by the wayside...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 01:19 am
pffft i thought so. he's a goodfernuthink. i told y'all so.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 06:41 am
<gets out entrenching tool again>

Yer goin' down, farmer! And yer capybaras, too!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 06:53 am
The life of a sage is a thankless one.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 07:13 am
It surely is.

Do you know one Gus?

Somehow this surprises me.

Ok, NOW can we burn him at the stake?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 07:16 am
I am springing in here to defend Gus on this occasion.

Gus has offered his services for the benefit of the A2K members, and has delivered many pearls of wisdom to the needy since this thread was first started.

Now, I'm not sure whether you are aware of the energy that goes into answering queries, and solving personal problems, but I can assure you that dealing with intimate problems, especially when the patient is a female, saps one's inner creative juices in no time.

When I received my diploma for Counselling Sex Addicts (female), from the Dry Ridge University in Northern Kentucky, I decided to set up a practise within the Manor, simply because I prefer a one to one scenario with my patients, preferably with a large leather couch.
I gained experience over the years, and can now manage two patients at the same time, and although the subject matter may be hard at times, it has proven to be more stimulating for all concerned.

Gus has chosen another route. He has chosen to bare his innermost parts in an attempt to help the people of A2K, and has gained some considerable success over time, using the old "Carrot and Stick" approach.

If and when, he returns refreshed, with his inner juices fully restored, I would recommend that you grab his carrot with both hands, and rejoice in the fact that he is once again prepared to bare his parts for the benefit of all.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dear Gustav
  3. » Page 17
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:35:16