I think it's gonna be good Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,447 • Replies: 13
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 07:52 pm
listening to the radio and somebody said that in general they really like what they were hearing about it, but some talk worried them that it might go the way of Van Helsing
eoe

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:24 pm
@rosborne979,
Hopefully. Like Jack Nicholson in Wolf. The beauty of this story is that we start out with a normal human being. It's then up to the writers and performers what to do after that.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 06:13 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

listening to the radio and somebody said that in general they really like what they were hearing about it, but some talk worried them that it might go the way of Van Helsing

I hope it doesn't do a Van Helsing. But these actors seem to imply a different style of story; more gothic. The trailers look pretty good also.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 09:52 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
I think it's gonna be good Smile

I was wrong. It's ok, at best.

It's hard to describe, but there is something wrong with the pacing of this film. It skitters along too quickly without building up any suspense or depth. There are a couple of genuinely scary scenes, like the attack at the gypsy camp, but most of the film is just rushing along as though it's desperate to get to something good, but nothing all that meaningful ever really happens.

I guess I'll have to hope Iron Man 2 can finally deliver the goods.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 10:12 pm
I had read an unflattering review that made me not interested.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 10:57 pm
I heard a review on the radio (probably the same one the apple pirate heard) which was very positive. I recall the reviewer said the litmus test for any vampire movie was the transition scene, and commenting that it had been very well done.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 01:58 am
Wall Street Journal described it as "Chasing its tail". Haven't seen it, myself.
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:32 am
I wonder if the sequel will be wolfman, dracula, frankenstein and the mummy meet the alien and predator in the final showdown.

Stallone aged 60 is doing another rambo ffs

For the love of god Hollywood sack the eternal re-hash writers and get some writers that have a spark of originality Rolling Eyes
rosborne979

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:34 am
@lovejoy,
lovejoy wrote:

I wonder if the sequel will be wolfman, dracula, frankenstein and the mummy meet the alien and predator in the final showdown.

For the love of god Hollywood sack the eternal re-hash writers and get some writers that have a spark of originality Rolling Eyes

Since one of the main characters in this film got bitten and lived, I suspect that there will be a sequel, or at least that they set themselves up for one if they so choose.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:46 am
i have nothing against remakes,it's technology that is the biggest problem, everything has to be over the top and extreme, there's no subtlety anymore

with all the vampire crap that's come out, most missed a great european film, Let The Right One In, told a great tale with a little gore and minimal special effects

keep hearing about an american remake, i'm sure it will be more cgi and less story

rosborne979

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:56 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i have nothing against remakes,it's technology that is the biggest problem, everything has to be over the top and extreme, there's no subtlety anymore

I agree. But I have to add that I have nothing against technology and CGI either, as long as it's not used to *replace* a good story. I don't see why we can't have both in one film. How great would that be, an interesting story and great CGI in one film. It's been done before, Terminator, Terminator2, Alien, Aliens, Dark City, Star Wars, etc, no reason they can't do it again.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:57 am
I watched Wolfman yesterday and I enjoyed it very much. Kept me very interested through the whole movie.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 09:00 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
I watched Wolfman yesterday and I enjoyed it very much. Kept me very interested through the whole movie.

Really. Wow. It certainly wasn't a *bad* movie by any means, but it didn't hold together for me.

Did you find the pacing of the film *rushed* at all? I kept feeling like they were moving along so fast that the characters had no depth. And what about those asylum dream sequences and un-necessary torture, didn't that seem out of place to you? I couldn't see how that really fit into the plot except as a mechanism to make us hate the psychologist so that when he meets his end we get vindication.
0 Replies