2006 Trailblazer refuses to start in cold weather.

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 05:00 pm
About 2 weeks ago, my trailblazer decided that it did not like the cold weather, and refused to start. After taking it to the dealership, they tested and replaced the battery ( problem solved, right?) No. This week temperatures dipped back down to the single digits, and the car would not start today. I had been out driving it yesterday, and everything was fine. Today, I get no joy. The instrument panel, radio, and HVAC all kick on when the key is turned to the ready or "run" position, but nothing happens when the key is turned to "start." I've checked, and double checked the transmission selector ( it's in park) the connections to the battery are clean and tight, and there is no indication that the battery is low or faulty. Any other ideas before I take the POS back to the dealership and tell them to sit on it and rotate?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,969 • Replies: 4
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 05:33 pm
@montreyb,
Can you jump start it? If yes, it is possibly your altenator (so the battery isn't charging.) Any auto parts place that sells batteries can check it for you.
farmerman

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 05:34 pm
@engineer,
Try a heater blanket on one of the cold nights and see if that helps starting in the AM. That will lead you to where the troubles is.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 06:05 pm
Bring the vehicle back to your mechanic, throw him against the wall and say "you didn't fix it bonehead! Now fix it before I get tough!"

That worked for me. Once.
roger

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 06:22 pm
@NickFun,
Oh? Try telling them if they don't fix it, you are sending your wife in to talk with them. This works forever - till they find out you aren't married.
0 Replies