I'll Be In Chicago Next Tuesday AM

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:00 am
flying to Peoria to pick up a truck and drive it back for a friend and I have a layover in Chicago for about 50 minutes at 7:50 am. anyone up for a coffee? I realize that's really early.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,130 • Replies: 20
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:42 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

flying to Peoria to pick up a truck and drive it back for a friend and I have a layover in Chicago for about 50 minutes at 7:50 am. anyone up for a coffee? I realize that's really early.

It would be great to meet you, Bear! At 7:50 a.m. I am on a train to downtown Chicago. Will you be in that area?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 11:47 am
7:50 is about when I head out the door to catch the train. Are you going to be at the airport or in the city?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 12:25 pm
I'll be at the airport. I don't know right now if it's midway or Ohare but I'm going to find out here shortly.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 12:25 pm
and who is this Bear guy?
wandeljw

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 12:28 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I thought the throbber was closely related to the bear.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 12:31 pm
@wandeljw,
shhhhh.....;0)
wandeljw

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 12:48 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Joefromchicago can give you a tour of historic Obama landmarks. Smile
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 02:47 pm
@wandeljw,
Park Ridge is a lot closer to O'Hare than Hyde Park is. I'm sure BVT would want to visit all of the historic Hillary sites there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 03:26 pm
I'm only laying over for 50 minutes. ORD which I assume means O' Hare
JPB

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 04:24 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
yep, ord is ohare and 50 mins probably isn't long enough for you to leave the gate area, have coffee, and get back through security in time to board your puddle jumper to Peoria.

There's plenty of places to have coffee inside the gate area, but we can't get in there to meet you.

Next time get a longer layover!
roger

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 04:28 pm
@JPB,
In some airports, 50 minutes isn't enough time to find the next concourse and gate.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 04:53 pm
@JPB,
I am sorry we can't meet you this time, throbber. JPB is correct.

(But, I believe the airport has a statue somewhere in honor of Hillary.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 10:57 pm
Assuming you arrive at O'Hare on time (which is a HUGE assumption!), and they board your next flight 30 minutes before takeoff, you will just barely have time to make it to your next gate..........RUN!!!!
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 07:30 am
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

Assuming you arrive at O'Hare on time (which is a HUGE assumption!), and they board your next flight 30 minutes before takeoff, you will just barely have time to make it to your next gate..........RUN!!!!

I could probably grab a rental and drive to Peoria in the time it takes to layover, make the short hop there and then deplane. :0)
wandeljw

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 09:29 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
You may have noticed that all of us Chicago A2Kers (including Gargamel and Sublime) rely on JPB to evaluate and approve any proposed gathering.
JPB

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2010 10:12 am
@wandeljw,
brat!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 09:14 am
my 20 minutes in chicago was just like having a starbucks anywhere in the country. :0)
wandeljw

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 10:25 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Sorry to hear that, throbber. I once spent a week in Raleigh-Durham visiting a cousin. I loved it there. On the flight back to Chicago there was a North Carolina couple behind me. As the plane descended into Chicago, the couple was excited about seeing all the tall buildings. Personally, I was jaded about Chicago and was actually sentimental about all the beautiful greenery in Durham that I was leaving behind.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 05:25 pm
@wandeljw,
NC is beautiful no doubt. We have everything from the appalachian mountains to the atlantic coast beaches. nationally ranked sports teams... first class hospitals and colleges, the best comedy club on the east coast between NYC and Miami, AND all the things the big cities have. Whores, crack, murder, rape, meth labs...we got it all baby. ;0)
0 Replies