Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 07:56 am
I voted for Obama even though he was not my first choice and because I'd rather see the pants on the ground man in office than Palin or McCain...and everyone here knows that's true and not just me backpeddling... but Obama's presidency has pretty much gone so far about as I predicted. Then today this. I think the people that have taken over the republican party are scum, but the dems are useless weak sisters. This country is irreparable without bloody revolution and that's not going to happen.

I'm glad I got to live in our heyday and I'm sad that my children and heirs will have to live in it's decline.

This is just too much.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34952712...more_politics/

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 08:02 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
We cannot find the page you requested.
Error 404
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 08:25 am
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34952712/ns/politics-more_politics/
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 08:59 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
What is it about that story that particularly disgusts you?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:05 am
i haven't given up yet, i'm still pulling for you guys to have a good old civil war
sullyfish6

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:06 am
Get a grip.

The people of MA already have a health care program. They don't want another government layer.

What happens in one state may not apply in another. Does this signal a return to the Republican agenda? Time will tell.

Still, Dems are sweating in Michigan.
boomerang

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:17 am
The link takes me to an article about the TSA nominee withdrawing from consideration.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:23 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
So far, Obama has proven to be weak, dithering, and indecisive. He has spent far too much time and energy trying to coddle and mollify Republicans and right-wing Democrats when he should be using the bully pulpit of the presidency to advance the progressive agenda that the voters in 2008 expected him to champion. He promised to end one war and instead is waging two. He has amply demonstrated that he has no strategy for helping Democrats get elected at the state and congressional level. And yet, despite all of his grave faults, I can still console myself in the thought that it all could have been much worse: it could have been Hillary Clinton.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:25 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
i haven't given up yet, i'm still pulling for you guys to have a good old civil war
What is your reasoning ?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:37 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I voted for Obama even though he was not my first choice and because I'd rather see the pants on the ground man in office than Palin or McCain...and everyone here knows that's true and not just me backpeddling... but Obama's presidency has pretty much gone so far about as I predicted. Then today this. I think the people that have taken over the republican party are scum, but the dems are useless weak sisters. This country is irreparable without bloody revolution and that's not going to happen.

I'm glad I got to live in our heyday and I'm sad that my children and heirs will have to live in it's decline.

This is just too much.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34952712...more_politics/
Putting humor aside, the emotion that u express
is very, very similar to how I felt on Election NIght
(almost word for word)
when Obama was elected, but truth be told,
I gotta say that I really believed that it woud have been WORSE
than it has turned out so far.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

djjd62 wrote:
What is your reasoning ?

I don't think djjd has much reasoning. He just like saying funny little quippets here and there. Makes my visit to A2K quite enjoyable.
djjd62

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

djjd62 wrote:
What is your reasoning ?

well, in a few years it will make for some good programming on the history channel, i know billrm is disappointed in the present fare
djjd62

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:42 am
@Seed,
Shocked , who, moi?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:43 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

djjd62 wrote:
What is your reasoning ?

well, in a few years it will make for some good programming on the history channel,
i know billrm is disappointed in the present fare
Yeah, u think maybe if he 's happy enuf,
he 'll start writing in English?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:43 am
@djjd62,
Sorry, I must have you confused with djjd63
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:44 am
@Seed,
Seed wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

djjd62 wrote:
What is your reasoning ?

I don't think djjd has much reasoning. He just like saying funny little quippets here and there. Makes my visit to A2K quite enjoyable.
AGREED; he has a nice, friendly personality.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:45 am
@Seed,
Very Happy
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 12:58 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
haven't given up yet, i'm still pulling for you guys to have a good old civil war

No civil war djjd62 but I think we should instead do something that will bring us all together and not be too hard or to costly to do.

Let see I know how about invading Canada and instead of using our regular military forces we could open it up to every gun nut and right and left wing arms groups including street gangs.

Even throw in the civil war reenactment groups. Hell we could let the hobbles who restored WW2 war planes load real bullets and bombs on the old war birds.

We all then could have a hell of a good time for a few weeks taking over our “friends” from the North.
djjd62

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:05 pm
@BillRM,
bring it on, we've got some pretty good street gangs up here, and lots of guns, contrary to popular belief

Seed

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 01:08 pm
@djjd62,
Sorry the guys on horses with funny hats scare me