I Need Help ASAP! How Does The Slow Movement Of Crustal Plates Change The Earths Surface?

Shan6

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:07 pm
How Does The Slow Movement Of Crustal Plates Change The Earths Surface To Form Mountians? Can Someone Describe It?

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:07 pm
Oh my god, I love plate tectonics! But, try reading your textbook before asking us to do your homework.
Shan6

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:12 pm
@littlek,
lol! its a Collins write, and i did read my text book, about twenty times, we've been working on it for a week now, and i still don't get any part of it, so could you help me?
dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:12 pm
@Shan6,
Shan6 wrote:

How Does The Slow Movement Of Crustal Plates Change The Earths Surface To Form Volcanic Eruptions And Earthquakes? Can Someone Describe It?

shan tell us what you "think" might be the answer and we'll attempt to guide you. Its important for your mind to do some of the work rather than us giving you a box of knowledge. My teachers used to say the same thing about copying from an encyclopedia.

what's a collins write?
littlek

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:14 pm
@Shan6,
I bet you think I'm joking about loving PT. I'm not. I talk about it in bars with my friends when and have to stop when their eyes start to glaze over.

DP's right - you start, we'll guide.
husker

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:15 pm
@Shan6,
http://www.scienceclarified.com/landforms/images/ueol_02_img0051.jpg
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:17 pm
@dadpad,
A Writing to Learn approach helps students explore, engage in, and apply new information as they write. The Collins Program is designed to, “help teachers in all content areas achieve their goals by requiring students to think on paper. This is accomplished by using frequent, usually short, writing assignments to increase students’ involvement in lessons, check on their understanding of concepts, or promote their thinking about content.” (Collins) Students may be asked to:

* “List relevant information they “know” about a new concept or topic just before it is presented to them.
* Put a concept from the text or another source into their own words " to “translate” it or summarize it.
* Make a connection between a concept from class and something else they know about or have experienced in their own lives.
* Explain how ideas are similar (despite their differences) or different (despite their similarities).” (Collins)
0 Replies

Shan6

@littlek,
i think its when two tectonic plates with continental crust collide they buckle and thicken , which pushes the continental crust upward , am i close ?
littlek

@Shan6,
Absolutely!

That is one form of plate tectonics called uplifting. The Himalayas are a result of India crashing into Asia.
Shan6

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:19 pm
@littlek,
yea, but i need like more information, i need to answer that question with AT LEAST ten sentences, and i dont know how to put thoose two sentences into ten, i need some more information, think you could help just a little? :-)
littlek

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:20 pm
@Shan6,
Can you type the writing prompt here?
dadpad

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:21 pm
@Shan6,
try a practical experiment.
Place a sheet of paper and a book side by side on the table. push the book and the paper together. ---> <----
What happens?
0 Replies

Shan6

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:22 pm
@littlek,
What Do You Mean? Like Type The Question Here , Or Type The Collins Here?
littlek

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:22 pm
@Shan6,
The question you are supposed to write about.
Shan6

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:24 pm
@littlek,
" Describe How The Slow Movement Of Crustal Plates Change The Earths Surface To Form Mountains"
Seed

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:26 pm
How many type of plate tectonics are there? Try describing the differences between them
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:27 pm
@Shan6,
write this down
Quote:
two tectonic plates with continental crust collide they buckle and thicken , which pushes the continental crust upward
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:27 pm
Do you think that volcanic mountains can be included as part of your write up?
littlek

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:28 pm
@littlek,
What grade level are you at?
Shan6

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 06:35 pm
@littlek,
seventh
0 Replies