Einstein's riddle

eshez

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 01:04 am
help
im not sure if this matter but:
"9. The Norwegian lives in the first house."
does that means he live on the left or right?
eshez

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 03:40 am
oh yea, solved it, great riddle
0 Replies

whiteboyinpg

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 11:22 am
SPOILER ALERT (I give away the answer at the end of this comment) If you guess and use process of elimination you can definitely figure this riddle out. I'm among the 2% . It helps if you create a chart. The people who say this riddle can't be solved because there is not enough information (I think) is lazy, and just doesn't feel like thinking hard enough. To those people, do you think Einstein would actually create it so that the 2% are the individuals who come to the conclusion that the puzzle is unsolvable? or do you think it's the other way around and the other 98% are the ones who say this puzzle is unsolvable because they can't solve it? Anyway I figured it out within an hour. It was easy until I had to guess which man smokes blue master, and drinks beer. At first I guessed it was the second house, which is the blue house but then the puzzle couldn't be solved. The only other house that could now have a man who smokes blue master and drinks beer is the white house which is the last house. Anyway from there it was a breeze. Eventually you will find out that the German lives in the green house, he drinks coffee, smokes prince, and owns a fish. Also, the rest of the puzzle - The first house - Norwegian, yellow, dunhill, water, cats. The second house - Dane, blue, blends, tea, horse. The third house - Brit, red, pall mall, milk, birds. The solution is the 4th house, and finally the fifth house - Swedish, white, blue master, beer, dogs.
whiteboyinpg

Reply Sun 16 May, 2010 11:23 am
@eshez,
Hi Eshez he lives to the left in the first house of the row. Some people like to disagree with this, but they're in the 98% Smile
0 Replies

ismbella

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 06:10 pm
@Wilso,
his transportation mode is named Sunday, though it's supposed to be 'A coyboy rode to town on Friday, stayed 3 days, and left on Friday. How did he do it?'
0 Replies

watb1

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:39 pm
the german...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 03:57 pm
@whiteboyinpg,
whiteboyinpg wrote:

To those people, do you think Einstein would actually create it so that the 2% are the individuals who come to the conclusion that the puzzle is unsolvable? or do you think it's the other way around and the other 98% are the ones who say this puzzle is unsolvable because they can't solve it?

I question the 2% / 98% because I figured out the answer. I am certainly not in the top 2%.
0 Replies