Einstein's riddle

Exister -

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:49 am
LOL. I feel like an idiot.
0 Replies

Exister -

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 02:59 am
Wish I had more patience to figure it out. Thanks 4 the help.
0 Replies

Thalion

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:59 pm
There's a book called Logic, Anyone? that goes into all of these types of problems.
0 Replies

rich311

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
I think this riddle is inherently flawed because the German doesn't drink beer and the Brit doesn't drink tea Smile

I solved this with a 6(x5) by 6(x5) grid. Makes the solution go a lot faster!
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:59 am
I remember a couple of years ago, we had to solve this in a Math(s) lesson. Some very clever people worked it out after an hour of puzzling.
0 Replies

dripac

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:37 pm
?
16. dog lives next to bird. (makes no difference to the answer, but changes neighborhood)
0 Replies

BaileyStapleton

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 10:53 pm
Those are fun.
0 Replies

dripac

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 07:15 pm
2nd try
maybe it was not clear... the question is : what happens if we add fact # 16 ( =dog lives next to bird) to existing conditions ?
0 Replies

serena87

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2004 05:49 pm
hehe this was a fun one. I used an upside down stair-step grid thingy to solve it... took longer to make the grid than to solve the puzzle Very Happy . We used those type of grids for this sort of puzzle in my "lets-find-an-excuse-to-get-the-annoyingly-smart-people-out-of-class-to-give-the-normal-people-a-break class" back in middle school. They were fun. I can't remember if they ever gave us anything that complex or not. Usually they only had 3 or four variables (but a whole lot less clues).
0 Replies

Eternal Flame

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 08:12 pm
I tried the Einstein riddle twice. Both times I was convinced that the Norwegian was the one who owned the fish and the German was the one who owned the cats. Why did it keep on turning out this way? Maybe my headache's fogging my brain.

Well if the Brit drank tea and the German drank beer it would be to obvious.
0 Replies

BMF

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2004 05:50 am
It's clear if Friday is the name of a horse!
0 Replies

Bob Williamson

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 12:36 am
Re: Logic Puzzles
-t wrote:
This is like the logic puzzles you can buy. Can't remember the publisher (Dell?), but that's what they're called. And they give you a grid with the items to match up and eliminate with the given clues. I used to love to do those but they're not really riddles...

Yes, these are made under the name "Logic Problems" by Dell Magazines and by Penny Press.

You can find many online (without a grid, which doesn't help that much on hard ones) at http://www.allstarpuzzles.com

-- Bob
0 Replies

hippypink

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2004 08:14 pm
Alternate answer to Sydney Friday/Sunday riddle.
Home is on the other side of the international date line (and not Sydney).

eran
0 Replies

kflux

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 11:49 pm
questions simaler to this one are on the standared iq test
0 Replies

nino 1975

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 03:44 am
Friday must be the horse!
0 Replies

hottee95

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 09:33 am
friday is when he left and sunday is the horse he came home on
0 Replies

thisisa44caliberlovelette

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 07:03 am
probably either lives in sydney, or the time differences effected the effective timng of his departure and arrival
can i also just honestly say though, that i did that top riddle by myself too, when i was 12 years old. was so proud of myself but took like three days
0 Replies

Shah Guido

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:21 am
Quote:
A man goes to Sydney on Friday and comes home on Sunday, yet is only gone for 12 hours. How is this possible

The man travels at high enough speed to slow time in his "world" relative to our world. (Einstein's theory.....proven).

......I think.
0 Replies

zipote

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 11:39 am
Wouldn't this be possible if the guy lived in Hawaii??
If he left at 11:59pm on Friday, or thereabout! It would be Saturday in Sydney. Is this too obvious that it is incorrect?
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 10:34 pm
the man travelled to another place on the earth, so he skipped time zones and days in just 12 hours.
0 Replies