A (hair) do over..

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 01:45 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:

No, we are not all missing the point at all. We fully understood shewolfe's point. OUR point was that the new hairdo looks good to us and WE suggest that she keep it.

Wow, I never knew that pleasing a2k'ers was so important.....

Shewolf does not impress me as THAT kinda gal though.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 02:19 pm
@shewolfnm,
Looks great, but if you didn't get what you specified, you didn't get it.

What is meant by "foil", by the way?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 02:23 pm
@roger,
I'll take this one. (dated a hairdresser once or twice ) when the ladies get their hair color resurfaced, they get done up like an alien.

lotsa little stinky foil wrappers to keep the hairs they don't want changed clean. (think baked potatoes)

this keeps the economy moving forward, trust me.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 02:24 pm
I stopped going to hairdressers two years ago. They don't listen!!! They always assume they know my hair and think their decisions are better than mine.
I now go to a barber, he's a fairly old, I'm a little afeared he'll retire. He gives the best haircut ever.
Ceili

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 02:28 pm
@roger,
Foils are when the sections of the hair is separated, coated with dye or bleach and wrapped in tin foil. http://www.beautifulhairstyles.com/highlights/pictures/foils.jpg
roger

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 02:45 pm
@Ceili,
Ah. Thanks to both of you, and especially for the picture.

I go to a lady who insists on being a barber, rather than whatever. She's the only one who has never cut my hair so short it sticks straight out like Dagwood Bumstead's.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 02:52 pm
@shewolfnm,
They can probably fix it and give you what you wanted. Take the picture in that you posted to show them exactly what you wanted and asked for. Most hairdressers want you to be happy with the results.

Good luck and let us know how they respond when you contact them.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 02:59 pm
Yeah, you probably should have followed your instincts when she started talking about blending and drawn her a picture. Sorry this happened; it's not the end of the world, but it IS how you present yourself to it, so it's important.

Some people just don't hear what you're saying. I've had several disastrous cuts because they weren't listening to me and I only clued in half-way through the cut to what they were doing.

I'd call the shop and discuss it and get a freebie for a fix up whenever they recommend you go in. It's important.

Keep us posted.
BorisKitten

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 03:02 pm
I've had this problem too, SheWolf... salon folk, unless I KNOW them, do not listen to what I say. Frankly I always suspected it was my own fault, not being clear or forceful (or whatever) enough with my requests.

I think they probably will fix it, esp w/you being A Regular. But I like the new look... in fact I like it WAY better than your usual, where I think your hair in the front looks damaged.

Not only that, but so many years with one look isn't good for us... did you say 1994? Time for a change! (Not that you asked me...)
BorisKitten

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 03:08 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

I am not subtle.
Subtle does not work for me Smile

Well, until you can get it fixed, you'll just have to nut-up your clothing... like I do!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 03:23 pm
oh man, I almost started biting my nails while I read your story.

I thought for sure something really horrible had happened, like the dye turned green.

I agree, if it's not what you wanted, go back and have someone else fix it.

Although, I do like the way it ended up, but, there could be a lot more of it.

I wasn't surprised when you said you ended up having the same look as the hairdresser. I've had that happen to me too. One time, I was trying to describe what I wanted, and after a while the gal said, "so, you want it to look like mine."
Hell no! I thought her hair was fugly, and was glad I wasn't getting the person who did her.
Big surprise, she cut my hair just like hers. She must have cut her own hair.

Next time you go, take a picture of yourself from a time you thought your hair looked really good, or find a picture of someone on the internet who has what you want.
My stylist moved away, and I've a picture to the last 2 people who did my hair, and had much better luck.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 03:28 pm
ooooo.....I could totally see you with this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_odE6DAsJeqo/Sa1aAYpdhwI/AAAAAAAACgU/XHwBTUWTzRk/s400/highlights.jpg
Diest TKO

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 06:58 pm
Looks cool Dutchess.

T
K
O
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:12 pm
@Intrepid,
why would you suggest keeping someting I dont like because others do?

hawkeye is right.

Im not that kind of person. :0)

I dont CARE what is in style . I dont look in magazines to find what I like... I look at myself and what fits my body and my personality.
I dont care who is wearing what and what designer claimed what color 'in style'. I think that kind of thinking is mindless.
Most of the designs and fashions out there make women look horrid anyway.
But because people dont look at them selves and dont think about what they are wearing and instead are driven to look like some 'star', they listen to these people and buy what they are told.

Nope.
Sorry.
Not me Smile
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:13 pm
@chai2,
that is actually what my hair looks like, minus the red, when it is done right.

this hair do would fit a soccer mom... Not me. Boring.. low key.

Well done though! but.. I feel like I am wearing a habit to a strip joint..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:17 pm
oh.
AND , the shop does not do chemicals on Sunday's.
The woman was not there and no manager in sight. I really dont want to just talk to a technician about this. I want to know what the options are, if there are any, before I approach any workers.
I will keep taking Jillian to her. She does a great job on her hair.
I will keep mine faaaar away.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:18 pm
I have long hair and I left a bar the other night with a friend and got a...

"Have a nice night ladies."

damnit...

Oh well, I like my long hair right now. Of course, I could be assuming too much. He could have been staring at my ass. I don't know what that says about my look.

er... the point is shewolf, do what you like and makes you feel good. It's your look.

T
K
O
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:19 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Yeah, you probably should have followed your instincts when she started talking about blending and drawn her a picture.

It was not until the very last foil ( Bangs) that she said blending.
By then, the entire head was done.
I had no idea she was doing that.

normally I have foils to remove the color. Then quick foils to add the blonde.
When she shampooed after the first set I was .. stunned.. but my gut was already on edge because of the blending statement.

so there was nothing realistically that COULD be done at that point. And since she did not strip the color from my hair, i may have made it possible to have it fixed by not pressing the issue.

who knows.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:19 pm
@shewolfnm,
Right on.

One time I went to the Pink (S)Lime to get a CUT and got talked into a cut and colour (my fault). At the end, I looked like Jennifer Anniston (and a shitload of other women looking like her). It was so NOT me and I was really pissed. Couldn't they tell I had curly hair? Was over 40? And wasn't a "Jennifer Anniston"??? That was the last time I ever asked their advice. That cost me nearly $200 and that was 10 yrs ago. Bunchaboobs.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 07:21 pm
@Diest TKO,
Si si Smile

im actually not angry about this.
Like I said it does look really good. And if there is nothing that CAN be done.. oh well so what!
I may throw in a few dark red streaks just for color contrast and enjoy that too.
it is no big deal and I am very very very happy that , even though it is not what I wanted, it LOOKS good. Smile

but.. damn woman.

this IS NOT CHUNKS lady. Laughing

we will see.
It would be really cool actually with some white chunks, and making the bottom later ( the natural color) dark dark black..

ooooohhh.. the ideas Very Happy