Deep manly thoughts....

SealPoet

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:09 am
Th' cool thing is that we don't even have to mean it. Just the sound of 'yes' drive the women wild!

I don't mind being hen-pecked... as long as I get to pick the hen.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:25 am
No - no! I have never had a "yes dear" sort of man! It is the unfamiliarity that drives me wild!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:29 am
I had a girlfriend like that once bunny, but I got tired of all the anonymous truckers and farm animals.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:30 am
\l/
O-< B =
/l\
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:23 am
farmerman wrote:
I disagree husker. Profanity can often replace more obscure adjectives and allows us a richer mix of description in our language.

I didn't know we were supposed to judge another mans deep thoughts - if he has any!

**** :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:26 am
**** all y'all....I have bigger problems....I don't think I wiped properly, and now I smell like ass. Laughing (I am joking, btw, but it sounded like a good deep man thought).
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:28 am
This AM when I signed on to AOL my favorite browser the headline was "What Was This Man Thinking" with a picture of a guy. So with this topic in mind I just had to take a peek and the story was about the guy going over Niagara falls in a barrel. Apparently he was depressed!

But the question remains - what was he thinking?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:29 am
cavfancier wrote:
**** all y'all....I have bigger problems....I don't think I wiped properly, and now I smell like ass. Laughing (I am joking, btw, but it sounded like a good deep man thought).

you ass wipe! better get yer pipes blowns out so you can think straight!

Just being funny for a Thursday morning funny!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:30 am
He was thinking he needed 7 more inches:
http://www.adage.com/news.cms?newsId=39012
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:50 am
Shocked
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:59 am
I read the link, husker. So sad. They can't think of any better sales pitch than that. I suppose this is what happens when you have ad agencies full of twentysomethings making critical decisions...sigh...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:00 am
Eva you speak the truth I am sure of that.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:09 am
I showed my 17yr old son and he said
" just shows how far our society has fallen"

not what I was expecting from him - none the less - I'm proud about that observation
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:14 am
Grrr....can we shoot these ad people with Gustav's gun, should he find it? But I digress....

Back to manly thoughts.....I'm thinking that an extra 7 inches in a Durango won't entice me to buy one, with that pitch, because I don't really care about penis size, and 7 inches extra in an SUV is a minimal improvement at best. To tout it as a HUGE <snicker> improvement means that REAL men were not responsible for this ad. I also notice that the spokesperson is a woman....hmmm....makes you think....who are Dodge's target audience anyway? It's a disgrace, really, but I hate advertising in general. Even at it's most benign, it's manipulation.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:22 am
Laughing U have to admit - that ad is funny and creative !! But then I used to be a marketing man
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:08 am
Gautam wrote:
Laughing U have to admit - that ad is funny and creative !! But then I used to be a marketing man

agreed
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:38 am
I am STILL in marketing/advertising/p.r., and I think the ad is incredibly juvenile.

How old is their target market? I would have thought SUV purchasers were a slightly more mature audience. Durangos are priced around $35,000. Anyone dropping that much money should be relatively interested in performance,
reliability & comfort...not jokes aimed at a 21-yr.-old male. And I doubt seriously whether a female voice-over will make the ad more palatable to the average 35-yr.-old female purchaser either.

So...exactly how will this ad help them sell Dodge Durangos? (Or is the ad exec. just trying to make a name for himself?)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:40 am
And...

Way to Go, Husker! Your son's response shows he has higher standards than bathroom humor. You're raising him right...(high five) Cool
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:45 am
I'm 40 something and can laugh at bathroom humor! LOL - I like that Wink
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:54 am
Small robots that serve cocktails on command would be so cool! Actually, anything that blinks, beeps, and requires at least six batteries to operate is pretty cool..
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 02:24:25