People on the phone

Mame

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 05:30 pm
@JTT,
At least it doesn't smell. And the conversation might not be as vacuous.
JTT

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 05:42 pm
@Mame,
True on the first, maybe not on the second, Mame.

Unnnnn, I wonder if that gecko is the one that works for Geico?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:38 am
@Thomas,
Quote:
So the real question, MsOlga, is: who do you think you are? Who are you to begrudge cyborgs their bodily integrity? You are the one being rude and disturbing here!

I confess I never saw it in quite this way before, Thomas! I'm so thoughtless.

Do you think, sometime in the not too distant future, that these cyborg folk will be born with their exobrains as actual body appendages? That'd save them having to carry cell phones around, at least.

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:33 am
I was in the library's bathroom one day and a woman went into the next stall. She said, "Hello?" I said, "Um, hi." Then she said, "What are you doing?"

I almost sputtered something about, "What the heck do you THINK I'm doing?" when she continued talking, and I realized she was on her cell phone.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 07:40 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
I confess I never saw it in quite this way before, Thomas!

The blackberry/cellphone et al are excellent for sneaking up on Thomas. He's often so engrossed at gazing into the little monitor that he doesn't realize an actual human has arrived and is about to relieve him of all of his valuables.

~~~

It's actually a bit of a phenomenon - thefts while people are involved with their baby puter attachments. Lots of extra warnings have been posted recently in the local transit system.
Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 11:46 am
@BorisKitten,
Even though you knew she was on her cell phone - for kicks you should have yelled "what the h*ll do ya think I'm doing" - that woulda learned her.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 12:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Beth knows what she's talking about. She once startled me no end by sneeking up on me near my friend Jim Horton's place, just as my exobrain was getting ready to send her a message.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 12:38 pm
@Thomas,
Tim

Tim Horton.

sheesh

I've got some nice photos of you exchanging gazes with your exobrain while the rest of us were admiring a sunset.

The exobrain must be set aside!
Thomas

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:03 pm
@ehBeth,
Ha! By "sunset", you mean this one, right?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/guthobla/A2K/IMG_0256.jpg

... and by "admiring the sunset", you mean, like this?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/guthobla/A2K/IMG_0246.jpg

Apparently I wasn't the only one whose exobrain got involved in admiring that sunset ... Razz

PS: Jim Horton is Tim's little brother. It's his place, too. (Nods emphatically)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 01:21 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

I find people talking on the phone near me really distracting. How much does it (or doesn't it) bother you?
Thay speak (near yell) louder whent thay r on cell fones.

I have complained to them about it.

David
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 21 Dec, 2009 02:08 pm
@Thomas,
PPS: My exobrain wishes to tip its head to the exemplary sunset enjoyment technique demonstrated here by two masters of canine heritage.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll88/guthobla/A2K/IMG_0252.jpg
0 Replies