@Always Eleven to him,
It's the new Ivy League -

http://hempnewstv.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/oaksterdam1.jpg

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 07:57 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

This is going to be fun... the far right, the family values crowd, the god fearing christian americans will love this... they've not had anything to loose their bowels in public over like this since Terri Schiavo.....

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/Pot-Legalization-Headed-for-2010-Ballot-79304947.html

If it hasn't already become clear to you, there are a great many people who you would describe as Far Right, that are in favor of legalizing drugs.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 09:30 pm
"Right" means conservative (because French conservatives sat there).
I love Originalist Conservatism because the American Revolution
was a libertarian revolution which resulted in creation of its
Supreme Law of the Land being an Instrument of Personal Liberty.

I conserve that personal freedom, clutching it close to my heart,
as did Barry Goldwater. The Founders did not espouse Pat Robertson 's theocratic point of vu.
The Founders were Christians, but NOT theocrats.

Thay understood that personal liberty and the domestic power of government
are INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL, so thay crippled the domestic power of government, especially in the Bill of Rights.

David
0 Replies

Always Eleven to him

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 07:19 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cool
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 07:23 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

This is going to be fun... the far right, the family values crowd, the god fearing christian americans will love this... they've not had anything to loose their bowels in public over like this since Terri Schiavo.....

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/Pot-Legalization-Headed-for-2010-Ballot-79304947.html

If it hasn't already become clear to you, there are a great many people who you would describe as Far Right, that are in favor of legalizing drugs.

yes indeed... but the SMALL number of idiots will make this a big deal... just as the SMALL number of idiots made Schiavo a big deal. It only takes one or two small farts to stink up the whole room.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 07:46 am
I am not in favor of legalizing 'drugs" but marijuana, yea, I think it should be legal but I really don't want to encourage my grandkids to take it up. But then again, I don't want to encourage my grandkids to take up a lot of legalized activities such as promiscuous and/or sexual activities and getting drunk at parties (with or without a ride a home.) Those are just not the values I would want to encourage them to have as a lifestyle.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:09 am
@revel,
revel wrote:

I am not in favor of legalizing 'drugs" but marijuana, yea, I think it should be legal but I really don't want to encourage my grandkids to take it up. But then again, I don't want to encourage my grandkids to take up a lot of legalized activities such as promiscuous and/or sexual activities and getting drunk at parties (with or without a ride a home.) Those are just not the values I would want to encourage them to have as a lifestyle.

well few parents would I'm hoping. But they're going to a least a few times no matter what. Rites of paassage and all that. I'm not trying to trivialize it...just sayin'.
revel

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:19 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I know, have two grown girls now. Girls now a days are no different than boys in that respect.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:33 am
I get so overwhelmed by olfactory hues.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 08:37 am
@revel,
3 girls and two boys here. I know what you mean. My oldest is 41, they were no different then either.
0 Replies