California To Vote On Legal Marijuana

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:55 am
This is going to be fun... the far right, the family values crowd, the god fearing christian americans will love this... they've not had anything to loose their bowels in public over like this since Terri Schiavo.....

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/Pot-Legalization-Headed-for-2010-Ballot-79304947.html

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 10:59 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

This is going to be fun... the far right, the family values crowd, the god fearing christian americans will love this... they've not had anything to loose their bowels in public over like this since Terri Schiavo.....

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/politics/Pot-Legalization-Headed-for-2010-Ballot-79304947.html

Yup, and I think it could pass. The proposers need to play up how much money the state can make off of it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 11:06 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
the budding cannabis job field

lol
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:19 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Marijuana should be de-criminalized nationwide.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:43 pm
I just read about an NFL player who is facing felony possession of 1.5 ounces of pot. Being a felony, I assume he is facing very serious time if convicted. This is so absurd. What happened to freedom!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:53 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Quote:
the budding cannabis job field

lol

Where do I send my resume??
djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:57 pm
so if this passes, in california, pot good, gay marriage bad, interesting

mind you i say pass them both
djjd62

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:59 pm
@djjd62,
or maybe, this is how the gay groups get the marriage legislation passed

once everybody is nice and mellow, hit them with the marriage vote, might just work
Rockhead

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 01:10 pm
I wonder how Nevada feels about it...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 01:12 pm
@djjd62,
Clever!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:16 pm
A big doobie and a horny intern for every delegate at every international meeting and we'd get some **** done. No war either.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:21 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

No war either.

Rolling Eyes What makes you think this is true?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:29 pm
who do you think will declare war while high and geting a blow job h2o man? Of course I'm sure you'd know nothing of either so take my word these are not conditions conducive to starting any trouble.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:35 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

This is going to be fun... the far right, the family values crowd, the god fearing christian americans will love this...
they've not had anything to loose their bowels in public over like this since Terri Schiavo.....

Well, I 'm a Christian. If I lived in California (I did, in 1956),
I 'd sign the petition n vote for personal freedom.

I 'd also have taken Terri Schiavo off the respirator.
I consider myself to be on the far right; I worked for and voted for Barry Goldwater
as well as Senator James Buckley, the brother of William F. Buckley, Jr.

I don 't know about my actually using the marijuana.
In common with Clinton, I have never inhaled it, except 2nd hand.

I wonder whether, in my declining years, I shoud find out what all the fuss is about?

David
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:36 pm
it ain't that big a deal david... like anything else a little is pleasant and a lot can be weird.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:38 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I just read about an NFL player who is facing felony possession of 1.5 ounces of pot. Being a felony, I assume he is facing very serious time if convicted.

This is so absurd. What happened to freedom!
This may be the first time, but I agree with u.

David
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:42 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

who do you think will declare war while high and geting a blow job h2o man?
Of course I'm sure you'd know nothing of either so take my word these are not conditions conducive to starting any trouble.

Is this why Clinton's war efforts were ineffective and laughed at?

BTW, our enemies tend to get high before going into battle ... of course you wouldn't know anything about that.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 04:43 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Thank u, Bear.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 05:27 pm
Burn One Down
0 Replies

Always Eleven to him

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 06:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
It's apparently the new growth industry in Michigan.

Quote:
DETROIT, Nov. 29 (UPI) -- A 24-year-old aspiring businessman says he's teaching
Michigan residents how to grow medical marijuana at his new "Med Grow Cannabis College."

Nick Tennant founded his school this year after an auto-detailing business he started after high school failed, The New York Times reported Sunday.

"This state needs jobs, and we think medical marijuana can stimulate the state economy with hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars," Tennant told the newspaper from his bare-bones classroom in a Detroit suburb.

The six-week, $485 program includes lectures on the science of growing marijuana, the only required reading being "Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible," by Jorge Cervantes.

The business of growing medical marijuana is legal under Michigan's new law, in which patients whose doctors certify their medical need for marijuana can grow up to 12 plants themselves or name a "caregiver" to grow the plants and sell them the product.

Tennant's students, a diverse group, include Sue Maxwell, who cares for an 85-year-old ailing woman.

"I don't know if she'd have any interest in medical marijuana," Maxwell said, "but I bet it would help her."