Will CANOBD2 Reader clear Check Engine Light?

easy ed

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 02:38 pm
Original Question:
I have a 1995 Dodge Neon - VIN 1B3ES47C5SD519839 - and would like to know if the "Check Engine Light" can only be reset using an OBDII code reader. I have tried disconnecting the battery as per one suggestion from a friend, but although initially it was cleared it came back again in a few minutes of driving. The code reader test connector located down near where the steering column meets the dashboard has sixteen (16) holes but only 3,4,5,6,7,11, and 16 have metal connector pins in them. This does not match any pinout I can find anywhere "Online" but I am hopeful that the Innova EQUUS 3030 scan tool that I purchased a few days ago will read the generic DTC's AND CLEAR THE CHECK ENGINE light just as the Toptak 100 that I borrowed from a friend did. Since I cannot return the Innova 3030 after I open the packaging I am holding off opening it hoping that someone will confirm that it will indeed clear the Check Engine Light after I repair any faults indicated. Thanking you in advance for ANY information that you may send to me. Ed Gregory
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,152 • Replies: 0
No top replies